**Hermes Chat**

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love globes but at this price, I’d rather fly around the globe:P

2. Good point

Etriers and etoupebirkin like this.
  3. eb, oh my yes they are! I visit her site occasionally to enjoy the “eye candy”. :amazed:
    Not to hijack the thread, but do you have a “lucky bag” to carry to the Nationals’ games, who are hopefully on their way to the Series?

Etriers likes this.
  4. CSS, I am BAD LUCK. So I don’t watch.

And I am more of a hockey fan now. But I wish the Nats luck. It’s so ironic that they get to the World Series directly after getting rid of Harper. I am NOT a Harper fan.

5. In our household, one person (not me) gets in a very ticked-off mood if it looks like they will lose. I am so glad they made it to the World Series. In our household, Steelers games are also an edge-of-your-seat phenomenon. Same bad mood if they lose.

Etriers likes this.
  6. eagle, it’s a nationwide problem, . I live on the other side of the country and the Giants and Niners were an influence on how happy the resident fan was on a given day or evening. Kids and grandkids have inherited the trait. My interest in the Nationals is related to having known someone for 35 years who works for the team.

eagle1002us and Etriers like this.
  7. I've manage to accumulate a nice collection of scarves from Hermes, in silk and cashmere. I'd love to wear them more often, but there is a silly thing holding me back: fear of damaging my scarves with makeup and skin care. :-s Unfortunately, the skin on my neck is super dry so I often use a little heavier creams, which means no scarves very close to the neck area.

How do you others balance this?

8. I wanted to show someone what the color gold in Hermes leather looked like but it doesn't seem to come up in the reference thread on H leathers in brown or in orange/yellow. Where could I find it?

9. EB;, congrats on the gold birkin. Could you post a pix so I could show someone what H gold leather looks like? I couldn't find gold in the reference threads, amazingly. TIA

etoupebirkin likes this.
  10. lulilu likes this.
  11. Could you wear them over outerwear (like a coat in winter) or when you wear a high necked top or turtleneck? Then you would not have to worry about direct skin contact. You could also experiment with wearing drapes over your shoulders. Some even wear as a bolero.

12. IMG_0490.jpg

lxrac, nicole0612 and eagle1002us like this.
  13. I'd like your thoughts on an encounter I had at an engagement party I went to last weekend. It was an informal affair; dressing polished was appropriate..

DH and I went to the Washington Ballet earlier in the day. I wore Mother jeans, black Vince tee, Brunello Cuchinelli cardigan, boots and some Van Cleef rose gold Alhambra and Perlee pieces on. I looked good. The monli beading on my cardigan was rose gold colored and matched the Van Cleef. I think about what I wear to coordinate looks. It's something I care about. I like to look stylish.

I approached two friends, they were talking about one woman's son — a very talented singer/actor auditioning on Broadway amongst other locales. He got a hold of his scorecard and found out he needed to up his game style wise. So we got into a discussion on clothes and style. The women said, "Look at you!" (meaning me)! You are just wearing a black tee shirt!!! They were admiring my style in a zoo-animal sort of way.

They asked me where I shop. I said " Saks." "Why do you shop THERE!!!" I said I like the quality and service. I understand tailoring and quality. So, I don't shop in places like Marshalls or Kohls, the places where they said they shop. These women are both practicing attorneys, so I know they have money, if they choose to spend it. They asked me whether I think about how I dress when I pick out clothes. I said yes.

I build my wardrobe around my jewelry and handbags. I've put too much of an investment in these pieces to do otherwise.

It was just a weird, weird encounter. I hope I did not come across as snobby. I was merely stating my views factually. If you know good tailoring and craftsmanship, it's hard to purchase poorly made items. Whenever I have purchased something at Marshalls, it ends up being donated to a clothing drive shortly thereafter. It's a waste of my money.

I own some inexpensive clothes from Target. They occupy a useful space in my wardrobe. They are just not things I wear when I want to look my best, e.g. party clothes.

14. I think you indirectly or directly got some of the flake Meryl Streep got when she wore a black tee shirt to the Oscars. Tee shirts can jolt peoples' fashion conscientiousness: What's going on here? I rather admire her for the tee. I mean, what's wrong with it? Is it always necessary to dress according to the "rules," gawd, how boring.

(I have insomnia, that's why I am replying now).

Etriers likes this.
  15. Anyone know the available colors for SS2020?