**Hermes Chat**

"Actually, I don't really keep track of that kind of stuff. I just buy what I love. There is this great website, the purse forum, though where lots of people share their experiences. Maybe that could give you an idea of what's typical?"

But yeah, that's totally weird and invasive. Sounds like you've handled it gracefully so far though. :smile:
I like this advice! Thank you oh wise one @acrowcounted :idea:

PS. DH thinks it’s a sales ploy fr H that I got my SO in four months. He was mad last night and told me that I have to hold off from H for awhile and I cannot give my SA a wish list for my next B or K :angel::P I could have bought a new Cadillac by now :flowers: He does not want to go with me to pick up my SO either. He is not being fun. Pout pout. Guess I’ll ramp up working like crazy at home to do the yard work and all maintenance so I can say “just earnin the Birkin,” and that makes him happy. Now I need to figure out how to perform maintenance on the hvac, clean his car, etc.,and I’ll really steal his heart. Lol any of you gals in the same situation? We are a team and he likes to stick to goals. It’s for our best interest I know...:heart:

Last edited:
I was wearing something that caught this podiatrist's eye and she demanded to know how much I paid for it. She was a doc at a practice I use regularly. I felt so put on the spot. If I told her that it was none of her biz (possibly less directly) I might run into a Seinfeld-sit com episode situation where the doc writes something in my chart. I think I mumbled something but I was really mad. I wouldn't go to a podiatrist for years afterwords. (I would rather go to a dentist any day than to a podiatrist).
I mentioned to someone I knew in passing that I had a stationary bike and he demanded to know what I paid for it (what? He doesn't read advertisements?). Anyhow, I wouldn't tell him and he got mad, gave me a dirty look. But I felt much better about blowing him off. It was worth it. He's sort of an intrusive individual, anyhow.
PoppyLadyBird, a situation like you describe makes it easy for the other person saying you paid too much. People who sell the kind of stuff they ask (or would like to buy it if they could) about are really good at coming out with a snarky observation. It's really an expression of jealousy on their part. If you respond with a price, they could respond, "I would never pay that," which is of course a put-down.

Maybe just tell her you don't want to misinform her so she should just ask the SA. Or tell her you can't remember which she won't like but you're off the hook.

So it is an international thing :biggrin: I thought it only happing in my community , where people ask you how much is this thing that you are wearing when it's price is easily found on the brands website or in the actual store !! That dr. should've said " wow I like your ( ...) what brand is it ? " if it doesn't have Hermes shaped on top of it :no: . Then secretly search the WORLd WIDE WEB for its price like all of us :rolleyes:. It is uncomfortable to be asked how much is this , unless it is someone you actually know and share the same interest with .

She is desperate for a birkin and I told her I was happy to hear she finally got a Kelly. She is reading the book “how to buy a birkin” and asks a million questions but it’s at the point that it’s getting way too personal on how I got mine and how much I’ve spent, etc. I love your podiatrist story and have had the same experience there too about the dr scribbling something in the notes haha!. On a side note, I have a good friend that told me that she was mad when she saw me carrying my Birkin and was mad that she cannot get one. Crazy people.

Each time I walk in to hermes with my exotic Kelly ( that I bought from that store ) all the ladies start to ask my SA where did she get her bag from ? is it from here ? why did you sell one to her not to me ? why do you use this police ! we want a bag we are willing to pay for the bag but we don't understand why we have to buy lots of sh*t in order to do so !! How much did she pay for it ? and what did she buy in order to get it ?

All of that happened behind my back, but I saw them whispering to my SA :biggrin: . But one lady really got upset and started to shout at my SA :doh:. I stayed in a corner amazed :idea:

Each time I walk in to hermes with my exotic Kelly ( that I bought from that store ) all the ladies start to ask my SA where did she get her bag from ? is it from here ? why did you sell one to her not to me ? why do you use this police ! we want a bag we are willing to pay for the bag but we don't understand why we have to buy lots of sh*t in order to do so !! How much did she pay for it ? and what did she buy in order to get it ?

All of that happened behind my back, but I saw them whispering to my SA :biggrin: . But one lady really got upset and started to shout at my SA :doh:. I stayed in a corner amazed :idea:
Omg ppl are crazy. I thought I invited issues with my sweet tadelakt birkin, and I can’t imagine the love and envy of an exotic. Ppl are not nice. I would approach you and say what a lovely exotic you have and that’s it. I love this chat room to hear about how we all deal with the crazy people/ people who act crazy when they see you carrying and how we all handle the situation. Let’s all continue to keep our good grace and all will be well :flowers::heart::hugs:

Omg ppl are crazy. I thought I invited issues with my sweet tadelakt birkin, and I can’t imagine the love and envy of an exotic. Ppl are not nice. I would approach you and say what a lovely exotic you have and that’s it. I love this chat room to hear about how we all deal with the crazy people/ people who act crazy when they see you carrying and how we all handle the situation. Let’s all continue to keep our good grace and all will be well :flowers::heart::hugs:

you are right :heart: let's spread love . I like to complement ladies on how they look or on their bags and outfits , some are very nice and complement me back. Some smile a shy smile and say thanks. some look horrified like I just insulted them, look at me from head to toe , smile a yellow smile and go away ! are they this insecure ?

Reactions: PoppyLadyBird
Hanging in there, EB. I have an ortho appt. on Monday and I'm expecting him to tell me I need surgery on my left wrist. After nine weeks, it's little improved. On the upside, my foot is 90% back to normal, and my right wrist gets a little better every day. I'm still in splints and can't drive, but in the great scheme of things, not bad!

Thank you for asking! :heart:

She is desperate for a birkin and I told her I was happy to hear she finally got a Kelly. She is reading the book “how to buy a birkin” and asks a million questions but it’s at the point that it’s getting way too personal on how I got mine and how much I’ve spent, etc. I love your podiatrist story and have had the same experience there too about the dr scribbling something in the notes haha!. On a side note, I have a good friend that told me that she was mad when she saw me carrying my Birkin and was mad that she cannot get one. Crazy people.
If you really want to fry her tell her she can't afford one. A vendor I occasionally bought from once told me I couldn't afford a David Webb bracelet that I wanted to try on. Oh, I was mad about that. Doesn't he know that some people will move heaven and earth to get what they want? (Like buy a whole bunch of tschotskes -- Petit "H" for example (otherwise called "Hermes leftovers" to get a bag.) Did I ever get the bracelet? Nah. He wouldn't let me try it on. :sad:

However, without intending to, I got my revenge years later. His wife was at the helm and I asked if she had iolite rings. Oh, she got really mad. I wasn't trying to upset her, it's just that iolites look better than tanzanites on me. I guess she got made b/c evidently the shopping channels are full of iolites. But I have read and agree with the statement that iolites, if not too dark, can be a good looking blue-violet stone.

^^^ Eagle, That frosts my heinie. You never know what people can afford. Maybe not immediately, but in the future. It also makes you not want to buy from that particular designer or vendor. And if you’re a seller, alienating buyers for discretionary purchases would seem to me to be counterproductive.

Smart salespeople let you try on anything.

Had my surgery today. Things went well.
Right now I’m waiting for the pain meds to kick in so I can get some sleep. The coolest thing I got, aside from the boot and crutches are these electronic compression sleeves for my calves. It’s supposed to help prevent blood clots. You put these things on and once a minute they compress. It feels like a massage on my calves,

^^^ Eagle, That frosts my heinie. You never know what people can afford. Maybe not immediately, but in the future. It also makes you not want to buy from that particular designer or vendor. And if you’re a seller, alienating buyers for discretionary purchases would seem to me to be counterproductive.

Smart salespeople let you try on anything.
Thank you, EB, I totally agree. It was dumb of him to not let me try on the bracelet. If I liked the bracelet, I would have cut back on H!
Hope your surgery does the trick for you!

Yeah. I think that I’ll sweetly tell her that I just buy what I love and don’t feel comfortable talking about personal spending. Thanks everyone! Happy Friday! Just cleaned my office and went through many many years of files. What an accomplishment. Moving to temp space while our new building gets built. Zzzzzz Have Happy Dreams of Orange boxes and sweet things :sleepy::heart:

Reactions: etoupebirkin
My SA at Neimas let me try on anything for fun. I bought a lot of stuff from her over the years. She’s now at Saks in Tyson’s. Graff is there. They let me play there. I recently bought some earrings and pendant. They are some of their smaller items, but perfect for every day wear.

When giving me jewelry travel pouches formy pieces, they tossed in a larger necklace one because they’d like to put a bug in my ear about it,