**Hermes Chat**

Well I had a termite inspection. Good news: No termites. Bad news: I have black snakes, mice and wasps nests in my attic. Let me just say, I am freaked out about the snakes. This will be remediated tomorrow.

But I have Wild Planet upstairs. Sheesh and Ewww!!!

BYW, my Dad is in rehab. We are going to be trying to get him into assisted living. The place only has 2 beds. Unbelievable.

Well I had a termite inspection. Good news: No termites. Bad news: I have black snakes, mice and wasps nests in my attic. Let me just say, I am freaked out about the snakes. This will be remediated tomorrow.

But I have Wild Planet upstairs. Sheesh and Ewww!!!

BYW, my Dad is in rehab. We are going to be trying to get him into assisted living. The place only has 2 beds. Unbelievable.

I’ve been off TPF while traipsing across the Southern Hemisphere with spotty WiFi and now coping with jet lag, but I had to comment on this. DD would be delighted to move into your attic and keep the snakes occupied if you just get rid of the wasps. She loves snakes of any kind and any level of venom (they have puppy dog eyes, apparently [emoji848]) but is deathly afraid of flying insects. Including flies and gnats...

Sending vibes to everyone with sick and/or troublesome family members. I know how stressful and frustrating it is to help sick parents from long distance.

We went to Auckland, New Zealand, then to Australia to visit a friend who lives in Gold Coast. New Zealand was not originally in our plans, but I found a great deal on Air New Zealand, so I figured why not stay a couple of days in Auckland. So glad we did. The country is so beautiful, and the people are lovely. We went on a hike around the rainforest and black sand beaches which were breathtaking. In Australia, we hit the beaches, of course, and went snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef. We saw a reef shark...a bucket list item for DD if she had a bucket list! It was DD’s first international trip, and she settled right into the luxury of flying premium economy instead of coach. But, always looking for greener grass, she peeked into first class and asked WHY we weren’t in there??!

EB, she’s 9, how time flies!

Ck, that’s a dangerous combo, Nordstrom sale and prime day! I bet you found some fantastic deals.

OJB, how nice to see you! My mom grew up in Auckland and I was lucky enough to visit my cousin and see the house she lived in. I loved that trip. I also had a trip to Australia included, but was limited to Sydney. I was lucky to fly business class and slept most of both ways. It is such a long trip, and not one I am likely to take again. But lovely.

EB, I was having my morning coffee when I read your post. It did not sit well. I'd be at a hotel, post haste until I could be assured the house was clear. And even then, shudder. Did the cats alert you to the issue? I think that is part of their "job." Home ownership really stinks sometimes.

CK. I am glad you shopped for all of us. I returned my single Nordstrom purchase and ignored all the emails about the Amazon sale. (I hate to admit I already own some of the highlight items of the sale.)

Mindi, you are doing great. Being able to hold the line AND put keep it from tormenting you is a huge step. I am glad to hear it.

Lulilu,
I knew we had mice as Rocket caught a couple recently. As for the snake, not a clue. I kept thinking about the Baselisk from Harry Potter. DH joker we need Berlitz tapes for Parceltongue.

The pest control people are here. Then fun begins. I am in the far corner of the house, huddling. The cats are under the bed probably.