**Hermes Chat**

Mabel peed on the floor upstairs last night.
So I sat her down and we had a talk. I explained that she violated the rules and I needed her to step up her game. She told me she had thought long and hard about this issue and that she simply couldn't promise not to pee upstairs, because reasons.
However, she did commit to continue to be really, ridiculously, stupidly cute.
I think that's the best deal I'm gonna get.

Mindi, I have given up and put diapers on Phil and Lil when they get in my bed at night. Just a little leak and I was stripping all the linens etc. Of course they have yet to pee on the diapers. They hate them, but they earned them.
I think it's just a little dog thing. Emmy has not once had an accident since she walked into my house from the shelter.

They are generally reliable too, Mindi, especially as they've gotten older. I don't know what it is about my bed. And it's just a little mark, but still requires everything to be laundered. grrrr.

Henry is really reliable, too. I think Mabs CAN hold it; she just doesn't feel particularly obligated to do so. She is one headstrong pupper.

I hate to say it, but a few nights sleeping in a crate would probably fix it. We were fortunate that Charlie was well-trained before he adopted us, but having had puppies previously that’s the only thing that seemed to get the point across.

Rocky and Moose were completely crate trained, and loved their crates. Phil and Lil too. But there was still an accident in the house every once in a while.
Personally, I think it's little dogs. Emmy is a big girl and was never crate trained. She has no accidents.