**Hermes Chat**

Had a bit of a day. My 95-year-old Dad underwent general anesthesia today to fix his spine. Evidentially when he fell, the vertebrae fractures could not be repaired by Kytoplasty, which is an outpatient procedure. He needs screws in his spine.

My brother texted me this morning saying he’d given the surgeon his approval and hoped I didn’t object. The alternative was that he would remain bedridden for the rest of his life. While I agree with the decision, i just wish i was consulted.

The surgery went fine. Wasting to hear how he’s doing after thevsugery

Had a bit of a day. My 95-year-old Dad underwent general anesthesia today to fix his spine. Evidentially when he fell, the vertebrae fractures could not be repaired by Kytoplasty, which is an outpatient procedure. He needs screws in his spine.

My brother texted me this morning saying he’d given the surgeon his approval and hoped I didn’t object. The alternative was that he would remain bedridden for the rest of his life. While I agree with the decision, i just wish i was consulted.

The surgery went fine. Wasting to hear how he’s doing after thevsugery

Parents are stressful, aren’t they? Hope your dad is recovering well!

That’s so disgusting. I think it must be typical behavior for senior citizens. My mom got voodoo dolls from my sister in New Orleans then made them into different women in her building that she didn’t like. It was a mess as mom would stick pins into them in front of the recipient and the woman would yell and say that area hurt. These women were petrified of mom. I was so afraid that mom was going to get kicked out of the building. I finally took all her voodoo dolls and burned them! Mom was upset with me but I didn’t care. I told my sister not to send her more!! My mom was quite the rowdy southern lady. I’m not like her in that respect but now when I think of all of her antics...I have to giggle

This is funny. I can also see why the other residents were terrified. :smile:

Wishing your dad well, EB. Doesn't sound like not having surgery was really an option, though I totally understand why you would have appreciated a heads-up. Let us know how he's doing.
I had a call from my mother's HAIRDRESSER today, because dad had cancelled an appointment for her because she'd fallen out of bed and re-injured her broken wrist, apparently, and the very sweet lady thought I should know. 'Cause, of course, my parents didn't call me.
I'm beyond stressed, into territory for which there is no words.

I feel I need to apologize for being such a MAJOR bummer in Chat lately.
I really appreciate the support of mah Peeps, but I do understand that my familial melodrama can get old fast.
I'm gonna try to dial down the angst.
On that note, a lovely weekend on tap here in the Northeast! Sunshine and low humidity! Yay!