**Hermes Chat**

1. Did she decide not to be a moderator any longer?

2. Hmm, I was on my old MacBook Air last night and couldn't see it. Now, I'm on my newer MacBook and it shows up. Either it's the difference in computers or I'm just getting senile.....unfortunately, I'm betting on senility.

Thank you, Pursey!

3. Thank you, pursey! I totally forgot about the Help thingie.
    I feel better now.

4. Totally agree BBC, there’s a chasm without her!

BBC likes this.
  5. Had a bit of a day. My 95-year-old Dad underwent general anesthesia today to fix his spine. Evidentially when he fell, the vertebrae fractures could not be repaired by Kytoplasty, which is an outpatient procedure. He needs screws in his spine.

My brother texted me this morning saying he’d given the surgeon his approval and hoped I didn’t object. The alternative was that he would remain bedridden for the rest of his life. While I agree with the decision, i just wish i was consulted.

The surgery went fine. Wasting to hear how he’s doing after thevsugery

6. Parents are stressful, aren’t they? Hope your dad is recovering well!

7. This is funny. I can also see why the other residents were terrified. :smile:

8. Wishing your dad well, EB. Doesn't sound like not having surgery was really an option, though I totally understand why you would have appreciated a heads-up. Let us know how he's doing.
    I had a call from my mother's HAIRDRESSER today, because dad had cancelled an appointment for her because she'd fallen out of bed and re-injured her broken wrist, apparently, and the very sweet lady thought I should know. 'Cause, of course, my parents didn't call me.
    I'm beyond stressed, into territory for which there is no words.

9. What an eye opener. I had no idea things got so bad for her. Sad that grown ups can be so vicious and cruel to each other, and cannot take the least bit of criticism. I noticed mistikat not posting much but just figured she was busy. I’m so, so sorry this happened to her.

pursecrzy likes this.
  10. EB, any news on your dad?

11. I feel I need to apologize for being such a MAJOR bummer in Chat lately.
    I really appreciate the support of mah Peeps, but I do understand that my familial melodrama can get old fast.
    I'm gonna try to dial down the angst.
    On that note, a lovely weekend on tap here in the Northeast! Sunshine and low humidity! Yay!

12. I think my Dad will be released on Monday. I’m going to try to talk to him tomorrow. I want to give him a day to recover. I’m also a bit scared for his mental acuity.

13. EB, it may take awhile for the anesthetic to completely clear his system. Also being away from familiar surroundings can really affect elderly people.

etoupebirkin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice