**Hermes Chat**

I was shocked to read about Kate Spade. I find it hard not to speculate about what was so dreadful in her life that it triggered this decision.
Such a profoundly sad thing to happen.

CK, IT’s so true, but I still find Kate Spade’s death puzzling and endlessly sad.
Her 13-year-old daughter is now motherless.
And in my experience as a Mom of a daughter, at age 12-13, she NEEDS her Mom almost more than at any other time. Because that’s when the transition from girl to woman starts. It was not and easy parenting time and there was some fireworks. But, DH and I were there for her and it was pivotal to her becoming the woman she is now.
My Mom was bipolar and contemplated suicide at times. She told me later, what stopped her was the fact that my brothers and I would be motherless.

Hello everyone. Is it true that if you purchased something from Euro you are able to return or exchange from the USA hermes store? How does it work exactly? Would I need to pay for the price difference or they'll let me change my wallet without any extra cost. TIA

Hello everyone. Is it true that if you purchased something from Euro you are able to return or exchange from the USA hermes store? How does it work exactly? Would I need to pay for the price difference or they'll let me change my wallet without any extra cost. TIA

Check the back of your receipt. If I remember correctly, it has an international section. Good luck!

CK, IT’s so true, but I still find Kate Spade’s death puzzling and endlessly sad.
And in my experience as a Mom of a daughter, at age 12-13, she NEEDS her Mom almost more than at any other time. Because that’s when the transition from girl to woman starts. It was not and easy parenting time and there was some fireworks. But, DH and I were there for her and it was pivotal to her becoming the woman she is now.
My Mom was bipolar and contemplated suicide at times. She told me later, what stopped her was the fact that my brothers and I would be motherless.
I don’t understand extreme depression either EB, but my heart goes out to Kate’s daughter. I can’t imagine how that young girl feels about the loss of her mom. To lose your mom in such impressionable years is traumatic. For Kate to have debilitating depression is sad for all. Hopefully her husband and daughter will remain close and overcome this a tragedy.

Reactions: etoupebirkin
Yep, I’m pretty happy! I’ve been a fan for a long time. The thing about this team, they never gave up when the going got tough. Ovechkin’s leadership was nothing short of brillliant. In one playoffs, the exorcised all their demons, they:
Came from behind to win a game 7
Beat the Pittsburgh Penguins
Beat Marc-Andre Fleury (Pittsbugh’s Ex-goalie who routinely beat the Caps in previous playoffs)

It was a nail biter though. The next couple of days will be fun.
Let’s go CAPS!!!

I was shocked to read about Kate Spade. I find it hard not to speculate about what was so dreadful in her life that it triggered this decision.
Such a profoundly sad thing to happen.
It's not necessarily what's in your life that triggers this kind of decision. B/C if it was something in your life, it might be fixable. You know that some people are naturally optimistic, "sunny" people. Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain evidently had the opposite personality (I'm not being critical here). For them the glass was half full. Bourdain admitted to as much according to an older news clip played on today's news. He said he should be happy but he wasn't. Feeling that was evidently an intrinsic part of them, like some people have blue eyes and some have brown. It has something to do with brain chemistry. Ten years in the future maybe their depression would have been treatable from medical advances.

If there is an upside to depression or being bipolar, it might be that such people are more creative than average. Like Kate Jamison wrote. I think of the extraordinary creativity both Spade and Bourdain demonstrated, each in their respective specialty, and clearly they were way above average. I suspect people like that are more perceptive and unfortunately, that could mean they feel things, good and bad, more intensely. And they are prompted to express for others the positive aspects of what they perceive -- that's the creative part, the application -- so far as they can while having to tamp down depressive feelings always lurking at the edge of their psyche.

I wonder what they would choose if they could look back on their life. Would the creativity be worth the psychological cost? Or does the creativity bring a meaning to their life that balances out the pain?

It took decades before a SSRI was invented that helped me. Was constantly trying different ones during those decades. Finally got one that was helpful. On my own initiative I got my vitamin D level tested and it was half of what it should have been to be normal. I think taking Vit. D supplements was the frosting on the cake for me. (I wonder if people with "sunny" personalities have a natural abundance of Vitamin D? Wouldn't surprise me).

Also have some hurdles in life being past me, that helps too. Maybe if Spade and Bourdain got to be somewhat older, they would have mellowed, been less driven.