**Hermes Chat**

I am moderately tall, not skinny, and actually not all that leggy, but I love 'em. There are ways to make them work for more petite people, but EB is right that it's tricky: you have to be very thoughtful about fit, drape, etc.
I also love the look of "puddle" pants (where the dang things are so long they "puddle" on the ground) but that look is strictly for photographs. Can't walk in 'em, can't keep 'em clean. Yet another fashion created by people who don't actually live in the real world.

I'm decidedly not tall, skinny or leggy, but I wear them anyway. Always with platform shoes that add 3 inches to my height. And no, they don't look great, but I love them.
cg- ditto to all the above. Love the comfort of them, have them hemmed to just the right length, and for some reason the pairs in linen seem to look best.

I'm decidedly not tall, skinny or leggy, but I wear them anyway. Always with platform shoes that add 3 inches to my height. And no, they don't look great, but I love them.

Hmmm..I was just thinking about adding a heel to the look.

You each make good points about wide leg pants. I am also not tall and am less skinny than I was. I continue to play with the wide leg pants I bought. They are growing on me!

Reactions: Mindi B
Hmmm..I was just thinking about adding a heel to the look.

You each make good points about wide leg pants. I am also not tall and am less skinny than I was. I continue to play with the wide leg pants I bought. They are growing on me!

New-ish here, hope you don't mind me jumping into the conversation!

I think the trick to wide leg pants is figuring out the right length for you (with or without heels) and wearing them with a fitted top. I think they can work for anybody, just gotta find the right look for your style and shape

Reactions: Mindi B
Does anyone ever feel they have to force themselves to see the difference between Hermes colors they love looking at and the ones they love wearing? For example, I've been loving certain blues/greens lately but I am wondering if they go with my wardrobe/style. If I bought bags to put them on display and look at them all day I would want them all. However, do you ever feel you have to stop yourself from buying a bag in a color you love but know you may not wear?

I'm thinking of a B30 in malachite or BE or a deep red. Yet I'm also thinking about neutrals like gold, etain etc. Sitting on a table I think I prefer the bright/jewel tones because they're so vivid and rich. Yet when I look at what I wear and what i feel comfortable wearing, it's usually not bright or vivid colors. :confused1: Anyone feel similarly? What do you do?

I have this problem a lot, SilkCat, not only with Hermes bags but with clothing and shoes! I see something that I LOVE, but the cut/pattern/colors/fabric/heel height/etc. don't suit me for some reason. Maybe the heel is too high for me to walk, or the pattern is too loud for me to wear confidently, or the color washes me out, or the fabric is too heavy for comfort, or the garment is best suited for tea with the Queen or a debutante ball and I don't get the hoped-for invitation or or or . . . . :P
I have, sadly, wasted a lot of money buying things I admired because they were so pretty, and then never wearing them and later consigning them for pennies on the dollar with a sad and guilty heart. Sigh.
SO--a lot depends on your budget and your psychology! There is nothing wrong with buying something because it's pretty if your finances and attitude (and closet space) allow you to have things you don't use just because you enjoy owning them. But if that is not the case, generally I think it's best to go with what you feel you'll actually USE. Alternatively, sometimes I'll dip into an untried trend on the cheap and see if I actually make use of it, and if so, THEN I might splurge on the Hermes-level version. Of course, then there is always the risk that the luxury version will no longer be available when I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I've learned there will always be another pretty thing to covet, so I'm getting better at not giving in to FOMO.
So, er, none of this is very helpful to you, I'm afraid. But yes, I do know exactly what you mean.