**Hermes Chat**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Sunday Gals,
Busy weekend here with SIL here, lots of polo games, cooking and enjoying the nice summer weather. Tonight I am serving Lemon rosemary, thyme and garlic grilled chicken, grilled summer veggies, zucchini bread, my mom's macaroni salad, fresh melon basil salad and my grandma's peach raspberry cobbler with homemade coconut gelato. I love being back in the kitchen after being away! Wish you could all join us and keep me company while SIL is here :smile: We are eating outside on my favorite table that my DH made for me, I love summer!
Kirby has his Junior Olympics later this week, games begin on Saturday. We are so excited for him to compete!! Another fun polo adventure!
Hugs to all who need them, cool air being sent and hugs to all...

ldm- that sounds yummy, even to a non-foodie like me.
got through the weekend, attended service for young man that passed last week.
heartbreaking. went by myself (no dh). mistake.

dd#1 and my niece were here all weekend, sunning, napping and reading beach novels.
so happy to have them, even their mess was a joy.

i think i have missed a lot the last few days, but health, happiness, and peace to all.
it's a joy to just be....

Well ladies, I hit the road for home this AM. I'm in Brunswick ME - drove up from the Vineyard and dropped off grandson at Bowdoin College for a week of squash camp. Henry is only just turned 12 and is one of the younger players at this camp. I was SO proud of him - he was so psyched to be on a college campus and moving into a dorm. When he swiped his keycard to get in, one would have thought it was to get into a treasure vault! He was first in his double and I told him that first in, first choice of bed/desk - at least it was so when my two went to college 20 years ago. He met his roommate (13) a while later and then met some of the older boys and a coach who graduated from Bowdoin 6 years ago and now works in finance - took a week's vacation to come coach squash - said it's a great opportunity for him to play as much as he'd like now that he's working. Henry was so darned cute - just took to these guys in an instant. He tried playing pool with one and did very well so now he's been dubbed the Big H for hustler. Then he discovered a pingpong table and he and a 17 yr old tried to set it up - it was busted. So Henry said, why on put the net on one of the dining tables (they eat in the school cafeteria), so they put three tables together and had a large pingpong table. No balls, so they used a squash ball. Very creative, my grandson!. When I was ready to leave as they were going over to dinner and then the squash courts, I could barely get him to say goodbye. He's going to have a fabulous week. He's such a leader and so confident. A girl he plays squash with twice weekly at home in KY, was there as well (mother is from ME). She was in tears as she felt everyone was a lot older and better than she was and wanted to bail on camp. Henry went over to her and said, "You'll be fine, Maeve. Look at it this way, when you play with better players, YOU get better!" He has such a positive outlook on everything (didn't get that from ME!). I'm just so excited for him.

Wish me well on my VERY long drive. HOping to make it to Harrisburg PA tonight - that's halfway home - and then home by Tues night. I haven't done this drive alone in 9 years and being 9 years older will make a big difference. I do have a plan B, C, D!

Talk to you tonight wherever I am!

india- safe travels sweetie! dear gs sounds like a fabulous person. and that bowdoin is a lovely place to be in the heat of the summer.
i'm somewhat on your path today if you are in need of anything, or simply a respite. xo

morning all..

India, what a wonderful experience for your GS. It sounds as though he will have an incredible week! You are lucky to be involved with his life and he is so very lucky to have you!! Drive carefully and do take time to rest when exhausted.

Tesi, I am glad you had a house full of activity over the weekend. Going to the service must have been emotionally difficult, so glad you had a home filled with joy to come home to.

Hi Mindi and Lulilu, hope the weather is being nice to you:smile:

I am taking DS#2's girlfriend out today. Kirby is going to detail her car for a little surprise while we are out. She is such a sweet gal and we will miss having her over often, DS leaves for law school in three weeks. I feel the same way Lulilu and Tesi, I love having the house filled with laughter, chaos and happy kids!!

Happy Monday!

Safe travels, India.

LDM--that meal sounds so, so good. Are you able to share your mom's macaroni salad recipe? DH is crazy about any type of macaroni salad. I try to keep my carbs pretty low, but enjoy a few bites from time to time.

The Magic rollercoaster continues. A great food day on Saturday, not so much yesterday and virtually nothing this morning (which is normal morning) so I will go home this evening with the task of getting her to eat a full days worth of calories in a 4-5 hour time period. Her spirits are a still bit up and down. Waiting for test results from Saturday.

Appraisal on the house this evening. We were cleaning like crazy this weekend. It is a rare treat to have all of the rooms clean at once. Usually we tackle a few only to have those destroyed by the time we make it through the rest of the house.

Hugs to all!

Blood tests back. Prior areas of concern are much improved, new concern emerging (detected thanks to a very special chat expert!). Aaaagggghhhh. I so don't want to drag this out in to a long, slow, uncomfortable decline for my sweet girl. I am certainly willing to put in the time and effort to help her recover, but so hope I am not needlessly prolonging something that won't get better.

Me thinks we may be doing more tests.

Happy Sunday Gals,
Busy weekend here with SIL here, lots of polo games, cooking and enjoying the nice summer weather. Tonight I am serving Lemon rosemary, thyme and garlic grilled chicken, grilled summer veggies, zucchini bread, my mom's macaroni salad, fresh melon basil salad and my grandma's peach raspberry cobbler with homemade coconut gelato. I love being back in the kitchen after being away! Wish you could all join us and keep me company while SIL is here :smile: We are eating outside on my favorite table that my DH made for me, I love summer!
Kirby has his Junior Olympics later this week, games begin on Saturday. We are so excited for him to compete!! Another fun polo adventure!
Hugs to all who need them, cool air being sent and hugs to all...

I know you have a very loving and deserving family, but if by any chance you should get fed up with them, is there any chance you could come and live with me?!! (Good luck to Kirby, btw!)

Good luck with that long drive, India. Keep safe.

CK, sorry to hear Magic may be suffering with something else. At least you are being so careful & vigilant, you know you're doing your best to make him comfortable.

Gorgeous, sunny evening here; this country is so beautiful when the sun does decide to shine! Hope everyone else is having a lovely day too!

Status
Not open for further replies.