Hermes card holders

P.S. For my cosmetics and bandaid and hairbrush, I use a complementary makeup bag from when I purchase makeup. I find it gets so dirty on the inside, so I just keep switching it to a new one.
Yes I also do the same, I literally just use a clear plastic make up bag so it’s easy to clean. However I have been considering the bolide travel case as a nice make up bag for holiday etc and to add to the ‘Birkin bait’ haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Classy Collector
I fold one bill into one side of Calvi. Cash is only for emergency. It doesn’t slip out from the Calvi. It fits all the card lengths perfectly too. Calvi is so compact it fits into all my micro bags too.
Okay so I will definitely be checking out the Calvi when I’m in store. Out of interest what colour Calvi do you have? I’m not sure if I should play it safe and choose a neutral card holder or have a fun colour

Okay so I will definitely be checking out the Calvi when I’m in store. Out of interest what colour Calvi do you have? I’m not sure if I should play it safe and choose a neutral card holder or have a fun colour
Here’s a photo of my Calvi in natural daylight without flash or editing. It’s Bleu Frida color, madame calfskin. I went for a pop of color bc I knew I wouldn’t get a handbag in this color. Also, a pop of bright color is easy to find in your handbag.
86F5C29A-4931-4116-9E21-4B9F3137044F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: shermes
Here’s a photo of my Calvi in natural daylight without flash or editing. It’s Bleu Frida color, madame calfskin. I went for a pop of color bc I knew I wouldn’t get a handbag in this color. Also, a pop of bright color is easy to find in your handbag.
View attachment 5312526
Thank you for sharing! So beautiful, bleu frida is one of my top favourite H blues. I think I’m veering more towards a Calvi now!

Reactions: Classy Collector
I'll go against the grain here, not terribly fond of the calvi, principally because I don't like fishing for the card I need (although I love the pops of color). Also, I prefer to carry my bills (the few I do carry) flat, not folded, for better visual access. I've recently been thru this exercise and found that I really had to spend time thinking carefully about how I use the elements of a wallet. I've tried and considered quite a few wallet options from full-sized to compact, and found that it really makes a difference how you envision using the wallet/wallet substitutes. And, if you use the options on a smart phone, consider the remaining elements of your financial life that you will be carrying and need to manage.

I also suggest looking at the men's section of SLG's because there are quite a few options that could work for you, especially if 'slim' is a characteristic you value.

And finally, consider what sort of bag you'll be using; the smaller options can get lost in a larger, undivided bag. Sometimes when I reach in my bag I want to grab what I'm looking for by 'feel' rather than looking directly. The smaller options are great for 'tetris' with a mini bag though.

HTH :flowers:

I'll go against the grain here, not terribly fond of the calvi, principally because I don't like fishing for the card I need (although I love the pops of color). Also, I prefer to carry my bills (the few I do carry) flat, not folded, for better visual access. I've recently been thru this exercise and found that I really had to spend time thinking carefully about how I use the elements of a wallet. I've tried and considered quite a few wallet options from full-sized to compact, and found that it really makes a difference how you envision using the wallet/wallet substitutes. And, if you use the options on a smart phone, consider the remaining elements of your financial life that you will be carrying and need to manage.

I also suggest looking at the men's section of SLG's because there are quite a few options that could work for you, especially if 'slim' is a characteristic you value.

And finally, consider what sort of bag you'll be using; the smaller options can get lost in a larger, undivided bag. Sometimes when I reach in my bag I want to grab what I'm looking for by 'feel' rather than looking directly. The smaller options are great for 'tetris' with a mini bag though.

HTH :flowers:
Thank you for your feedback! I will definitely take this on board, I’m for sure a small bag person - which strikes out the Bearn or Long Kelly wallets of the bunch!

Reactions: textilegirl
I would say definitely look at the men's section. If you only need a few cards regularly there are quite a few great options, even in non-neutral cws. I've seen this in a bicolor, or at least in something other than black (I was on a mission and saw a ton of things) and it looked great. https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/city-zippe-card-holder-H074787CK89/. I didn't go with it but it was a really close contender.....

I would say definitely look at the men's section. If you only need a few cards regularly there are quite a few great options, even in non-neutral cws. I've seen this in a bicolor, or at least in something other than black (I was on a mission and saw a ton of things) and it looked great. https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/city-zippe-card-holder-H074787CK89/. I didn't go with it but it was a really close contender.....
Ahh okay! Next time I’m in the boutique I’ll have a look and I’ll be able to compare them. Currently stalking the US site from the link you sent haha, sooo many exotics :loveeyes: They don’t add exotics on the UK sites I have noticed, only in store!

Reactions: textilegirl
Hello everyone, this is my first thread and was hoping I could get some insight.

Those who have Hermes card holders: Calvi, 3/4/8CC, Kelly Compact, Constance Compact/Slim wallets… how much do you love them? Any pros and cons?

I am personally looking for a 4CC and I don’t know if this is a hard to get item. I see the 3 and 8CC on the UK website regularly but hardly ever a 4CC. (Haven’t been able to go in store just yet).

The reason why I like the sound of the 4CC is that my cards are visible and I can just slide it out like a goyard wallet. I feel like the Calvi I would have to sort through the cards to find the one I’m after.

I haven’t been able to find much information online: blogs/YouTube and I couldn’t find a thread dedicated to Hermes SLG/Wallets. I would really appreciate some feedback to open my mind on this!

have you considered the Bearn card holder ? I like my cards to be separated so I can get what I need easily.

I also have the Jige duo. the insert is used MORE than the purse itself.
The insert is my perfect card and cash holder. It is very slim. The insert has card slots on the outside and has a zipper for cash. I only put notes inside. Loose change is kept in my child’s soft pouch as I am yet to find what im looking for the loose change.

A60503F9-9FE8-4AFD-953D-48861DADAAD3.jpeg

have you considered the Bearn card holder ? I like my cards to be separated so I can get what I need easily.

I also have the Jige duo. the insert is used MORE than the purse itself.
The insert is my perfect card and cash holder. It is very slim. The insert has card slots on the outside and has a zipper for cash. I only put notes inside. Loose change is kept in my child’s soft pouch as I am yet to find what im looking for the loose change.

View attachment 5312960
The reason why I haven’t considered the Bearn or Jige wallet is because I thought it may be too big for the bags a carry regularly (eg: small lady dior, small chanel boy, small peekaboo etc) I only carry a tote when running errands. Would the jige/bearn fit inside these small bags?
I like the look of the Bearn and I was not aware of the little pouch in the Jige!

The bearn card holder is
The reason why I haven’t considered the Bearn or Jige wallet is because I thought it may be too big for the bags a carry regularly (eg: small lady dior, small chanel boy, small peekaboo etc) I only carry a tote when running errands. Would the jige/bearn fit inside these small bags?
I like the look of the Bearn and I was not aware of the little pouch in the Jige!

The Bearn card holder is credit card sized and slim. It easily fits into my pocket and is light weight and not bulky at all. I need to clarify it is the Bearn card holder only as there a few variations.
Not sure if the Jige insert would fit into the bags you mentioned. It fits in a B25.

Reactions: shermes
The bearn card holder is

The Bearn card holder is credit card sized and slim. It easily fits into my pocket and is light weight and not bulky at all. I need to clarify it is the Bearn card holder only as there a few variations.
Not sure if the Jige insert would fit into the bags you mentioned. It fits in a B25.
Ah okay well I will definitely also consider the Bearn card holder! I’m hoping to have my B25 wish fulfilled this year, once I have that I’ll look into Jige. Thank you so much for your help :smile:

Bumping this thread to share a card holder I recently purchased, H Sellier in Vert Jade/Mauve Sylvestre.

Not sure which thread would be the best thread for this question, but what would be the most minimalistic / thinnest card holder out there.

I'm looking for something that holders 3 cards max.

I'm thinking citizen twill (my main concerned is the silk being damaged over time) or city 3CC.

Here's comparison pics of it with a Calvi.
1663925612323.jpg

1663925583456.jpg

I love how slim and minimalist this card holder is and it doesnt show the cards I have. (I don't like card holders that show the cards like the Citizen Twill or 3CC/4CC/8CC.)

I've been thinking of changing my Prada card holder (shown below) for a while as it was getting battered and this fits the bill perfectly.
screenshot-2022-09-23-at-10-20-01-png.5615914

ETA: Stock image of H Sellier card holder in Bleu Indigo/Bleu Hydra

screenshot-2022-09-23-at-10-22-12-png.5615915
screenshot-2022-09-23-at-10-22-55-png.5615916

Last edited:
I bought the card holder version today - small, compact ,beautiful design - got gold and a noir/orange combo version - all gold &475 combo black (outside) / orange (inside) $480 - I use them for business cards so the compact design is ideal. Love the stitching around the perimeter - no hardware which probably accounts fir the lower price (by H standards)
Yes will take and send photos in the am
Please do share pics of yours in this thread. :smile:

What does it look like? Can you share some pictures? Thank you.
Kindly refer to my post above for the H Sellier card holder. ;)

Reactions: walds11