Hermes Cape Cod Watch vs Kelly Watch

linekokkim

Jun 27, 2010
Hi.

Is there any Hermes cape cod watch or Kelly watch owners out there?
I have difficulties deciding if I want a Kelly Watch or the Cape Cod watch.

First decided I wanted a Kelly watch for my birthday, but the more I look at the Cape Cod watch the more I love it.

Both are really different from the watches I owe so far (Rolex datejust, Omega Planet Ocean, Jacob&co five time zone)

Any opinions or suggestions?

I have a kelly watch which I bought many years ago. The style is lovely and classic and looks beautiful on the wrist. The only down side is that the lock where the the actual timepiece is located tends to bang around a bit and therefore the hardware is more prone to scratches than the other watches. My personal pick of H watches if I had to buy again would be the H hour double tour. HTH!

I love the idea of the kelly watch - it is an iconic and signature piece. My only reservation would be if you carry either a kelly/birkin regularly (throw in some jumping boots and a kelly wallet) one might run the risk of hardware overkill! :P. For that reason, I think as a first H watch the capecod might be initially more versatile. Either way - you'll have a lovely watch.

I have a GM Cape Cod, and I really like it. I would not buy a Kelly watch because of the lock, and the fact that I´m more of a bigger watches kind of gal.

Thank you so much for all your replies!!

Maybe I have to have both in my collection :heart:

I also love the idea of the Kelly watch, it´s a Hermes classic.
And so far I don´t have a birkin or kelly bag (6 months left as a law student) But I´m going to buy one when I get my first full time job (and worked for a little while) :yahoo:

So how is the difference between Cape Cod PM and GM? Is the GM much bigger? Think I´ll go for the GM if I end up with a Cape Cod watch.

I found both on ebay for a reasonable price :smile: Seems like they have been display models in Hermes stores. And as I work part time in a watchmaker here in Norway, it´s no problem to polish the watches if they got any kind of scratches etc.

Anyone of you that have any if the watches that got pictures wearing it? :smile:

Yeah, the cape cod and the kelly watch is quite different :smile: So both would be perfect additions to my watch collection!!

I think I´ll put the kelly watch on the wish list I´ll give to my BF.
And then save up for the Cape Cod as a birthday gift for myself ;)