Hermes Calvi as a man's gift?

May 2, 2010
I haven't seen it in person, but I'm sure a lot you have--is it too thick for a man to put in his pocket. Also, is the snap a pain to close up every time? I am considering this and the Cartier case, which is pretty boring. Any thoughts would help. Need to purchase this weekend!! HELP! thanks :smile:

Great choice! Just fyi, it will obviously squish if he puts his wallets in his back pocket so it wont have that "poof" over time. Other than that, love mine :smile: (And the closure is great cause its unique for a mens wallet, and no, its not hard to open/close)

I'd LOVE to receive a Calvi as a gift. Hermes' small leather goods are just the epitope of quality and pieces of craftsmanship that last and age well. Go for it, if your gift receiver isn't too into bright colours, go for Etoupe. I have a Citizen Twill card holder in it and I adore it :smile: Good luck

I bought one in etuope for my husband and he loves it. I frequently give these as gifts to both men and women. Does anyone here use their Calvi for anything other than credit cards?

So funny you should bring this up. I've had one in etoupe for years and my husband only just noticed last month. He said he loved it and if I ever saw one in black to let him know.

Santa must have heard because he left one under the tree for him. DH absolutely loves it!

:santawave:

I bought one in etuope for my husband and he loves it. I frequently give these as gifts to both men and women. Does anyone here use their Calvi for anything other than credit cards?

I am a woman, but I use mine as a business card holder. Handy to have one side for my cards and the other one for other people's cards.

I can see any neutral shade (black, etoupe, gold, etc) working for a man - the design is very sleek and not at all feminine in my opinion

I am a woman, but I use mine as a business card holder. Handy to have one side for my cards and the other one for other people's cards.

I can see any neutral shade (black, etoupe, gold, etc) working for a man - the design is very sleek and not at all feminine in my opinion

That's exactly what I use mine for.

:cool:

What else could you use it for? Just business card holder, right? Does anyone use it to hold credit cards (perhaps for quick jaunt out) for example?

I use it to hold all my loyalty cards since they don't fit in my Bearn and I don't need frequent access to them. Sephora, drug store, super market, Starbucks, frequent flier programs...pretty soon I'm going to need a second Calvi! I really need to cut down to the essentials :P