Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Has anyone read Counterfeit by Kirstin Chen? It's a book from Reese's Book Club. It is a story all about the luxury handbag market and had some twists I was not expecting. I would love to know if any other TPF members read the book and what they thought about it.
I really enjoyed it and finished it very quickly because the story was really engrossing. I hope you like it as well.

Has anyone read Counterfeit by Kirstin Chen? It's a book from Reese's Book Club. It is a story all about the luxury handbag market and had some twists I was not expecting. I would love to know if any other TPF members read the book and what they thought about it.
It's so good! It reminded me of this forum and that Cut article. I love the twists.

Read it over the weekend - it’s a quick, fun one. It’s like Anna Delvey meets the The Cut rep article haha.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I am genuinely curious
Q: People who purchase anything and everything they are asked to buy by their SA only to get a B or K. Does it not make more sense to just go to second hand and exactly get what you want with no wait?
I will not purchase 10K worth of stuff I do NOT like just to be offered a bag. I do shop there very often 40 K a year on average organically on stuff I actually want and have not thank god been asked *yet* to buy specific things for a bag offer. Furthermore, I have not even asked for a bag more than once from a store I have since moved away from due to relocation.
Thoughts?

I am genuinely curious
Q: People who purchase anything and everything they are asked to buy by their SA only to get a B or K. Does it not make more sense to just go to second hand and exactly get what you want with no wait?
I will not purchase 10K worth of stuff I do NOT like just to be offered a bag. I do shop there very often 40 K a year on average organically on stuff I actually want and have not thank god been asked *yet* to buy specific things for a bag offer. Furthermore, I have not even asked for a bag more than once from a store I have since moved away from due to relocation.
Thoughts?
I don’t know where you are but for the last 20 years I bought 15 bags - K, B one Jypsiere one Garden party, only one K is SO and one B from a wishlist, everything else as a walk in customer, 3 in LA and the rest all around Europe. I also bought 3 K and one B for a friend, as I didn’t need these colors. I have bought occasionally shawls and porcelain when I liked them..

Reactions: Bereal
I am reading it right now. It really moves along. I am enjoying that it's set in San Francisco and the stores and locales are places I'm familiar with.

Reactions: lcd_purse_girl
I don’t know where you are but for the last 20 years I bought 15 bags - K, B one Jypsiere one Garden party, only one K is SO and one B from a wishlist, everything else as a walk in customer, 3 in LA and the rest all around Europe. I also bought 3 K and one B for a friend, as I didn’t need these colors. I have bought occasionally shawls and porcelain when I liked them..
BH is my home store... how in the world did you get a bag as a walk-in!!! I am so jealous LOL

BH is my home store... how in the world did you get a bag as a walk-in!!! I am so jealous LOL
I visited in 2012, 2013, 2015 first got a Mykonos blue Jypsiere, than next year black shoulder Kelly, in 2015 Blanc 30 B. I just came back now from Cannes with a K 28 Rouge de coeur.
I don’t know how it works, but a funny story, 20 years ago I was explaining to my husband and his friend how difficult is to buy a H bag. They both didn’t believe me, thinking that the bag is so expensive it should be easily available. We were in Puerto Banús Spain, they said let’s try, there is a boutique.. we entered and I told the SA that I’d like to buy a K, retourne, black, 35, togo , the SA said, just a moment and came back with the exact same bag, my husband and his friend started laughing at me. That was my first bag. I remember they shows us a Red B 30 cm, but I was set on my black K.

I visited in 2012, 2013, 2015 first got a Mykonos blue Jypsiere, than next year black shoulder Kelly, in 2015 Blanc 30 B. I just came back now from Cannes with a K 28 Rouge de coeur.
I don’t know how it works, but a funny story, 20 years ago I was explaining to my husband and his friend how difficult is to buy a H bag. They both didn’t believe me, thinking that the bag is so expensive it should be easily available. We were in Puerto Banús Spain, they said let’s try, there is a boutique.. we entered and I told the SA that I’d like to buy a K, retourne, black, 35, togo , the SA said, just a moment and came back with the exact same bag, my husband and his friend started laughing at me. That was my first bag. I remember they shows us a Red B 30 cm, but I was set on my black K.
Next time you have to go into boutique, please DM me to meet you there. Maybe my luck will change with you by my side lol. GREAT story!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: faab89 and ari