Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

I have been using Cetaphil also and I just read that it is worthless! What??? !

What did the writer mean "worthless"? What did the writer expect it to do that it didn't do? Not get skin clean? Drying?

It is always on the lists of products that are recommended by makeup artists or the magazine lists of best of class products. I am not using it now but I used it for years, quite happily.

Reactions: prepster
I use de Mamiel cleansing balm, pure cleansing calming oil, & seasonal facial oils.
Eve Lom cleansing cloths & just started to use Beauty BioScience retinosyn in the pm
Various Sisley moisturizers & Anthelios for sun protection.
I am a loyal fan of Anthelios sunscreen from France. I order the huge tube of 50 protection. I have extremely dry skin so use Babior Hy Oil cleanser and Photoactive Sensitive. This system has saved my skin over the years. I use a touch of La Mer moisturizer on top on really cold weather exposure days.

I love talking about skin products!
My go-to are:
Olay cleansing cloths
Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr foundation - used for many years, can't even remember how long. I haven't found anything else nicer on my skin. I think the comparative department store brand foundation is Estée Lauder Double Wear which I have tried but didn't like as much.
Sunscreen everyday is a must for me - now using La Roche Posay
Shu uemura eyelash curler, Lancôme Definicil mascara and BiFacil remover
RetinA alternating with Ceramidin in evening
Bobbi Brown lipstick, Clinique supergloss, Nivea Kiss of Cherry
I have different brands for eyeshadow, blush, and powder, none of which are must haves. I agree about Lancôme concealer, it's really nice.

Sorry Morai! I meant to ask you what Bobby Brown lipstick you use. (I'm easily confused these days! :rolleyes:)

Oh that's interesting. Isn't the glaucoma formula drops that you place in the eye? I use the latisse very sparingly and I don't get it in my eyes. I use a Kleenex to blot any extra immediately. I had a bit of irritation early on and I didn't change anything that I do but it went away. A bottle lasts me two to two and a half months. My friend has brown eyes so she doesn't have to worry. She uses it much more generously and has had a much more dramatic effect than me. She has crazy amazing lashes without any makeup.

I have never bought latisse but I can take a pic of lumigan if you want! It looks just like eye drops. I put a droplet into a brush and then apply on eyelashes.
I also have brown eyes so the eye changing color was never an issue. How I wish mine would change to green! Lol!

:smile:

Thanks for the eye compliments! I am happy with them, but it's not like I can do anything about it. Sometimes DS1s eyes are green esp when he wears olive.

Please whomever is using the Olay wipes, be careful. I bought them again recently and I couldn't remember why I had stopped until I tried them. Just in my experience, they are terrible for the eye area. My skin there actually looked worse and then I stopped and it got better again. I am actually leaving the container on the shelf to remind myself never to buy it again.

For soap we use good old Dove. Love it. Cetaphil not strong enough to clean my skin. I use that Lancôme makeup remover first and then a bit of dove so I'm good.

As a first layer I like the Dior La Lotion. I also like Anthelios if I feel like my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer isn't enough.

Jury is out on skincare, using a Dr Brant trial set right now but I'm not convinced. La Mer never lets me down for winter, though.

Fab base layer for eyes is by Urban Decay - the primer absolutely works and for me even lasts all day PLUS it has some antiaging stuff in it. [emoji1360] Most of my makeup is Chanel except the Mercier lash line liner.

The best skincare for me, though, is the hot yoga. Hate to say it, but it's an absolute detox!

I have never bought latisse but I can take a pic of lumigan if you want! It looks just like eye drops. I put a droplet into a brush and then apply on eyelashes.
I also have brown eyes so the eye changing color was never an issue. How I wish mine would change to green! Lol!

:smile:

Is the lumigan less expensive than latisse? Why do you buy it instead? I pay $135 for latisse and it lasts 2-3 months. It just went generic in the US. The price wasn't lower the last time I purchased it but it should come down soon.

I'm using some new products that I'm happy with. I stopped using La Mer because the results were not there to justify the costs but I will use their regular cream in mid winter on my very dry spots.

I'm using Dr. Dennis Gross products for dry skin, serum, moisturizer, eye serum/cream and even trying a neck serum that I can see working. As I've lost weight my neck needs some help, I'm hoping I'm young enough that it won't get too bad but I can see this working on the lines across my neck after just a few weeks.

I use a La Mer SPF lotion under my make up for now while I have it and I'm trying a SPF setting spray from Supergoop to add on top of my makeup during the day. It's refreshing and some additional sun protection.

I finally found a comfortable lip product, the Chanel Rouge Coco gloss. They're not sticky, feel moisturizing and have enough pigment to look like I actually put lipstick on but feel like I just put balm on. I like them a lot. I also like Marc Jacobs sheer lipsticks. I keep buying liquid, matte and other stay put lipsticks but I don't find them comfortable at all and my lips are already pretty dry. I use a lip scrub from MAC a few times a week to get rid of flakes but since wearing the Chanel gloss, my lips don't seem as dry.

Marc Jacobs has a great gel eyeliner that I love, it's super fine and I have it black and a dark raisin color. I use Diorshow regular black mascara. I use Nars creamy concealer and just pat the tiniest bit of Chanel pressed powder onto it, no raccoon eyes with that combo. If I need it I use a sheer to medium Dior serum foundation but I will switch when this bottle is done, I think it oxidizes on me and looks too orange. I would love to get the Lancome custom mixed foundation but the mixing station isn't available in my area. I can't decide how crazy it would be to drive for 3.5 hours to get perfectly matched foundation, maybe not so crazy as my skin is tough to match.

I use Clinique Take the Day off balm to remove my makeup, it's really gentle and moisturizing. It dissolves everything and you just rinse it with warm water. Then I was with my normal cleanser.

I'm using some new products that I'm happy with. I stopped using La Mer because the results were not there to justify the costs but I will use their regular cream in mid winter on my very dry spots.

I'm using Dr. Dennis Gross products for dry skin, serum, moisturizer, eye serum/cream and even trying a neck serum that I can see working. As I've lost weight my neck needs some help, I'm hoping I'm young enough that it won't get too bad but I can see this working on the lines across my neck after just a few weeks.

I use a La Mer SPF lotion under my make up for now while I have it and I'm trying a SPF setting spray from Supergoop to add on top of my makeup during the day. It's refreshing and some additional sun protection.

I finally found a comfortable lip product, the Chanel Rouge Coco gloss. They're not sticky, feel moisturizing and have enough pigment to look like I actually put lipstick on but feel like I just put balm on. I like them a lot. I also like Marc Jacobs sheer lipsticks. I keep buying liquid, matte and other stay put lipsticks but I don't find them comfortable at all and my lips are already pretty dry. I use a lip scrub from MAC a few times a week to get rid of flakes but since wearing the Chanel gloss, my lips don't seem as dry.

Marc Jacobs has a great gel eyeliner that I love, it's super fine and I have it black and a dark raisin color. I use Diorshow regular black mascara. I use Nars creamy concealer and just pat the tiniest bit of Chanel pressed powder onto it, no raccoon eyes with that combo. If I need it I use a sheer to medium Dior serum foundation but I will switch when this bottle is done, I think it oxidizes on me and looks too orange. I would love to get the Lancome custom mixed foundation but the mixing station isn't available in my area. I can't decide how crazy it would be to drive for 3.5 hours to get perfectly matched foundation, maybe not so crazy as my skin is tough to match.

I use Clinique Take the Day off balm to remove my makeup, it's really gentle and moisturizing. It dissolves everything and you just rinse it with warm water. Then I was with my normal cleanser.

That is good to know about the Rouge Coco gloss. Do you have a color you like best?

Sorry Morai! I meant to ask you what Bobby Brown lipstick you use. (I'm easily confused these days! :rolleyes:)
Prepster, no problem. It's Bobbi Brown metallic lipstick in Kir. It has a slight sheen to it but really not metallic. Unfortunately this line is replaced by another or discontinued. I bought extra tubes when I found out it would no longer be available in stores. It's my signature lipstick but soon I will have to find another one.

Thanks for the eye compliments! I am happy with them, but it's not like I can do anything about it. Sometimes DS1s eyes are green esp when he wears olive.

Please whomever is using the Olay wipes, be careful. I bought them again recently and I couldn't remember why I had stopped until I tried them. Just in my experience, they are terrible for the eye area. My skin there actually looked worse and then I stopped and it got better again. I am actually leaving the container on the shelf to remind myself never to buy it again.

For soap we use good old Dove. Love it. Cetaphil not strong enough to clean my skin. I use that Lancôme makeup remover first and then a bit of dove so I'm good.

As a first layer I like the Dior La Lotion. I also like Anthelios if I feel like my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer isn't enough.

Jury is out on skincare, using a Dr Brant trial set right now but I'm not convinced. La Mer never lets me down for winter, though.

Fab base layer for eyes is by Urban Decay - the primer absolutely works and for me even lasts all day PLUS it has some antiaging stuff in it. [emoji1360] Most of my makeup is Chanel except the Mercier lash line liner.

The best skincare for me, though, is the hot yoga. Hate to say it, but it's an absolute detox!
BBC, I've used Olay wipes for many years and never had an issue. I prefer using wipes to remove makeup. Thanks for the heads up though. It's a good example of how individuals respond differently to products.

Reactions: prepster and BBC
I have my brows threaded every so often at my hair salon. I've used pencils, etc but right now I just fill in a bit with eyeshadow that matches applied with a small brush.

I am giving second and third thoughts to the lashes. I'm surprised they prevent new ones from growing, because I have to say I have never been THIS good about not touching my eyes. I remove all eye makeup with qtips soaked in the Lancôme eye makeup remover. I only touch them very gently to apply eyeshadow or eye cream. I don't even sleep on my face anymore! I would think this would be better at least for my lashes. [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

I would say not to worry about eyelash extensions if they are done well. I had them regularly for over a year and yes, your new lashes grow out underneath them. It didn't damage my natural lashes at all. When (if) you decide to stop there can be a weird spidery growing out phase but it only lasts a few days.
The problem is most eyelash technicians are aestheticians of other kinds with brief training. It's a very painstaking process and careless application will absolutely trash your lashes. Mine took 90 minutes every time, even fills. I couldn't fit it in anymore.

I am too paranoid about color change to use Latisse. I've seen a few pictures of people who claim it has happened to them. My eyes are mid green with a hazel splotch around the iris - so the darkening would show. I know it's a very low risk but I'm attached to my eye color :P I did use it on my brows for a while but I found Revitabrow actually works better for me and no prescription needed.

Is the lumigan less expensive than latisse? Why do you buy it instead? I pay $135 for latisse and it lasts 2-3 months. It just went generic in the US. The price wasn't lower the last time I purchased it but it should come down soon.

It's only $25 for lumigan where I live :smile: back when I found out about this I could get lumigan a lot easier than lattisse and then I never bothered trying to find it.
Also, both are from allergan. Yay to Generic should bring the price down by a lot!

I would say not to worry about eyelash extensions if they are done well. I had them regularly for over a year and yes, your new lashes grow out underneath them. It didn't damage my natural lashes at all. When (if) you decide to stop there can be a weird spidery growing out phase but it only lasts a few days.
The problem is most eyelash technicians are aestheticians of other kinds with brief training. It's a very painstaking process and careless application will absolutely trash your lashes. Mine took 90 minutes every time, even fills. I couldn't fit it in anymore.

I am too paranoid about color change to use Latisse. I've seen a few pictures of people who claim it has happened to them. My eyes are mid green with a hazel splotch around the iris - so the darkening would show. I know it's a very low risk but I'm attached to my eye color :P I did use it on my brows for a while but I found Revitabrow actually works better for me and no prescription needed.

That makes sense that there is some skill involved. I'm lucky I can find a decent manicure in my town. I have hazel eyes too. I got past my fears of latisse although I understand completely.