Hermes Book by Koto Bolofo

Anyone have an update on when this book will be available?

I thought it would be September as that was confirmed to me at my local Waterstones, but since that I have the impression it's being delayed again.

this is strange my receipt with amazon uk says 3rd of december??!! - i cancelled my order with waterstones because of the price difference between amazon and waterstones - at the time waterstones were saying sometime in nov

It's definitely not that uncommon for books to be sold in one country months earlier than in another. I wonder if it's easier to take out the extra "u" and "me"s for the US ones, or add them in for the UK ones. :smile:

On a semi-related note, I was going through some of my old H watch catalogs and this photographer's name was mentioned in the credits quite often. I cannot wait to see the book!

does anyone have any knowledge about this book by Koto Bolofo?
Here is the publishers info, I guess Amazon still has a problem with the accents for Hermes!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/3865219128/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

Koto Bolofos dream came true in 2004 when he started working for Monde dHermès, the Hermès magazine, and when he met the Chairman: Mr Dumas asked where I came from. I said South Africa. He asked what part. I said Lesotho. He was shocked and very excited. He explained that his great great great grandfather was a missionary in Lesotho and that the Zulus used to attack his mission, but the Sothos my tribe protected him. I was very happy to be a Lesothan in Mr Dumass office that day. He called me his cousin and said that his cousin was welcome any time and I had carte blanche to photograph what I liked in Hermès. Over the next six years, Koto Bolofo worked his way through all the workshops of the Maison Hermès, getting to know the craftsmen and discovering how everything is made: from handbags, perfumes, scarves, prêt-à -porter, and shoes to the original objects of the house, saddles. Nothing escaped his lens, even the most secret places, such as the museum, a treasure trove of history and all things Hermès tucked away in the midst of the Maison on rue du faubourg St Honoré.

Last edited: