Hermes Bolide Vs Chanel Boy

jp23

jeska2333
O.G.
Jan 6, 2012
Advice needed!
Hermes Bolide vs Chanel boy

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1466887839.459531.jpg

So I recently decided to purchase my first Hermes, after lots of consideration I decided on this particular bolide. Mine is exactly what I wanted, Clemence in black with silver hardware with no patch or middle stitch/pocket. It's an amazing shape for its age no signs of any serious wear, but I'm not as over the moon with it as I thought I would be. The leather is AMAZING and I still love the bag but maybe I hyped it up too much in my head? I've been wanting a small boy for a while but recently purchased a stingray Celine box that I have been using as my main cross body and it's one of my holy Grail bags so that's definitely not going to go! So I decided to wait on the Chanel and buy something that may be more practical, which lead me to the bolide. Either way I was thinking of selling it but I'm a little hesitant as this is the only style of bolide I like for myself, and since it is an older style from 2001 it's hard to find, especially in almost new condition.
What do you all think? Have any suggestions? Thank you!

I've never seen a Bolide like that before, but If you are not 100% in love with it, I would sell and get something that makes your heart sing instead.

I've never seen a Bolide like that before, but If you are not 100% in love with it, I would sell and get something that makes your heart sing instead.

I saw it for the first time a few years ago I don't remember where but I remember absolutely loving it and dying for it but didn't have the funds to purchase it. So it escaped me but it was always there in the back of my mind. After spring cleaning my collection it popped up and I knew I have to have it! I'm worried I'm not giving it enough time, and maybe years of wanting it and now finally having it killed the romance LOL?

I saw it for the first time a few years ago I don't remember where but I remember absolutely loving it and dying for it but didn't have the funds to purchase it. So it escaped me but it was always there in the back of my mind. After spring cleaning my collection it popped up and I knew I have to have it! I'm worried I'm not giving it enough time, and maybe years of wanting it and now finally having it killed the romance LOL?

Sometimes the hunt is the most exciting part and once we finally have that item, the love could become less. But that doesn't mean the love couldn't come back later.
I had a love/hate relationship with one of my Birkins, but in the end, I learned to love it and make it work for me.
Sometimes it helps if you put a bag out of sight, don't use it, just to see if you'll miss it. Maybe that will help to make a decision.
Did you already try on a Chanel Boy to see if it works for you?
I am asking because sometimes I really like a bag, but once I try it on, it doesn't work for me at all. So if you decide to sell, I would make sure that you try on the bag that you are planning to buy first, to see if it fills your needs ;).

Sometimes the hunt is the most exciting part and once we finally have that item, the love could become less. But that doesn't mean the love couldn't come back later.
I had a love/hate relationship with one of my Birkins, but in the end, I learned to love it and make it work for me.
Sometimes it helps if you put a bag out of sight, don't use it, just to see if you'll miss it. Maybe that will help to make a decision.
Did you already try on a Chanel Boy to see if it works for you?
I am asking because sometimes I really like a bag, but once I try it on, it doesn't work for me at all. So if you decide to sell, I would make sure that you try on the bag that you are planning to buy first, to see if it fills your needs ;).

Isn't that the truth! I think that's great advice!
I did try the boy originally I wanted the medium and thought it was too big so I tried the small and liked that one much better. What's been putting me off is that it's not a very practical size. I think I would like it for some things but not sure if I could use it enough to justify the price. For that money I thought I would rather have the bolide as it's an everyday normal load bag. I also have always admired Hermes repair policies, and that they stand behind their bags. After that big Chanel repair controversy I was a little weary about the longevity of my bag

Isn't that the truth! I think that's great advice!
I did try the boy originally I wanted the medium and thought it was too big so I tried the small and liked that one much better. What's been putting me off is that it's not a very practical size. I think I would like it for some things but not sure if I could use it enough to justify the price. For that money I thought I would rather have the bolide as it's an everyday normal load bag. I also have always admired Hermes repair policies, and that they stand behind their bags. After that big Chanel repair controversy I was a little weary about the longevity of my bag

I know exactly what you mean...the small Chanel Boy is nice, but not very practical indeed.
If you look at it that way, your Bolide might be a keeper, no :graucho:? Black with ghw is a classic combination after all.
And yes, H. policy is great when it comes to repairs. I always liked Chanel too, but I think their current prices (and price increases) are a bit insane if you look at the quality/repair service they offer.

The Bolide and Chanel small Boy are totally two different style bagsl. One is more day and other is more evening so I do understand your headache over this.
With also your HG Celine stingray do you use it as more of a day bag or evening bag?
I would get OR keep the one that fills that void. Nothing is worth the price if you don't love and use it?

The Bolide and Chanel small Boy are totally two different style bagsl. One is more day and other is more evening so I do understand your headache over this.
With also your HG Celine stingray do you use it as more of a day bag or evening bag?
I would get OR keep the one that fills that void. Nothing is worth the price if you don't love and use it?
I use my stingray as an everyday bag! I wear it casually it's super easy to wear I was a little worried about that before it arrived. But you're right about its worth! The only way I can justify spending this much on my bags is because I really do wear them. Thank you for all your help!

This bag is super elegant! I think the bolide with the patch looks awkward without the owner's initials hot stamped. This patchless version is beautiful! I'd definitely keep this bolide! You can always buy a Chanel later.

+1