Hermes Bolide -- The Good News and the Bad News

If the bag might need to be returned, I would warn against doing anything yourself.
You do not want to give any opportunity for your defect to be rejected on the grounds that you have done something to the zip.
If you can telephone H and speak with someone who can advise you, you could ask if t would be alright to try the wax candle idea - it does seem an excellent suggestion.

Reactions: lanit
Have you tried rubbing a wax candle across the zipper. This happened to one of my Bolides once and that is all the craftsperson did to get it going. I knew about that trick, but never thought to try it before taking it in.

The zipper moves freely and easily when it isn’t in the fully zipped position. It slips past the natural end and onto the zipper fabric. Candle wax would not work on fabric, right?

If the bag might need to be returned, I would warn against doing anything yourself.
You do not want to give any opportunity for your defect to be rejected on the grounds that you have done something to the zip.
If you can telephone H and speak with someone who can advise you, you could ask if t would be alright to try the wax candle idea - it does seem an excellent suggestion.

Whoa, how right you are! I don’t want to hear from Hermes that I’ve tampered with the zipper and now it’s MY problem.

The zipper moves freely and easily when it isn’t in the fully zipped position. It slips past the natural end and onto the zipper fabric. Candle wax would not work on fabric, right?

Ok problem is at the zipper stop so unless they can add something to it sounds like a zipper defect and should be replaced free of charge on a brand new bag

Reactions: lala28
Ok problem is at the zipper stop so unless they can add something to it sounds like a zipper defect and should be replaced free of charge on a brand new bag

Yes, there's nothing to stop the zipper. If anyone with a Bolide would be so kind as to post a photo of their Bolide with the zipper fully opened, showing how the zipper pull is situated, that would be so helpful.

Azutikea, these are great pics! I believe the problem with my Bolide is there's too much fabric at the end. Not sure if there's any remedy besides replacing the zipper -- or the Bolide. Ah well, I'm sure Hermes will stand by to their reputation for quality and service.

Reactions: papertiger
Azutikea, these are great pics! I believe the problem with my Bolide is there's too much fabric at the end. Not sure if there's any remedy besides replacing the zipper -- or the Bolide. Ah well, I'm sure Hermes will stand by to their reputation for quality and service.

No problem, are u able to post a picture, maybe?
Replacing or not, I am sure either way H will fix it. In addition to what you mentioned already, H takes pride in their high quality riri zippers too! The zippers on all my H bags glide effortlessly

Have to say, I don't see why this is happening on your bag. Your zipper stop looks OK. May be a little lower on the right?

Still thinking a little candle wax could help and H should not have a problem with that.

The wax will not help this - it looks like they left a little extra fabric at the end and the zipper is going past the stoppers. In the pictures from the other ladies, their zipper fabric sewn into the bag is more taut than yours.

Wait. Why is yours ‘closed’ at this end, and the others open? Or is it just the picture? I don’t have a Bolide so I can’t check

The wax will not help this - it looks like they left a little extra fabric at the end and the zipper is going past the stoppers. In the pictures from the other ladies, their zipper fabric sewn into the bag is more taut than yours.

Wait. Why is yours ‘closed’ at this end, and the others open? Or is it just the picture? I don’t have a Bolide so I can’t check

Genie, this is the problem -- the closed zipper goes too far and gets stuck on the extra fabric. Although it looks like the zipper is closed in my photos, it's just the way the zipper is "resting" and is not closed.