Hermes Blacklist?

I recently saw some post in an Hermes FB group about some client complaining that she thinks she has been blacklisted by H because she hasn’t been offered any non qb wishlist bags. Then someone commented it’s because this client resells so much of what she buys.

This made me think about the level of reselling on FB by individual clients. It’s been pretty out of control lately in these fb groups. It’s sometimes bags but most often everything else. People say things like closet clean out and 50-60% off like it’s some kind of garage sale. It seems like they are selling everything they bought to get a bag offer. It’s massive quantities like multiple twillies and shoes and always one or two fine jewelry pieces and watches.

Why are people doing this? I feel like it must affect brand image. But then again there’s been a never ending stream of new clients and people in these groups constantly showing off on instagram so maybe not? I have never seen people offloading brand new items like this with Chanel or Louis Vuitton. I mean just go to fp and look at all the brand new hermes watches and finesse bracelets and Avalon blankets.

Does hermes care when clients resell multiple brand new items that are not quota bags? Do clients get blacklisted? Are these clients affecting the hermes image?
Nothing new. People have been reselling bags for years. Sometimes they change their mind with the colors or size and to offload stuff that they must get to be granted the quote bag. H created this situation and you can't blame anyone else. It is a free market but what is vicious about these FB groups unlike TPF is that people will report those that are reselling to H simply because they are jealous of not getting the offers.

The profit from reselling these quota bags have gone up so much and guided by prof resellers such as fashionphile and AFF. It is not surprising that individuals are tempted to resell for a profit if it is not a bag that are being used often. One can't make a living reselling a couple of bags a year. H's image is escalated by the reselling and not downgraded so they are subtling letting it happen. They will blacklist that they are being reported but to be honest, some of their VVIPs are the true resellers, not the individual that have to spend $10K to impress and get a quote bag.

It’s not new but it has reached a fever pitch, and not so much with bags but the bait. Obviously people are free to do what they want with what they buy. But what is odd is when you see people take coveted bags and other non qb bag offers or other hard to find items and flex on ig and then post those very same items for sale in the groups at a premium. It seems they never intended to keep the items in the first place. I’m sure some people report clients out of jealously but others probably do it because they’re sick of the people who only buy to flex and make a profit.

It’s not new but it has reached a fever pitch, and not so much with bags but the bait. Obviously people are free to do what they want with what they buy. But what is odd is when you see people take coveted bags and other non qb bag offers or other hard to find items and flex on ig and then post those very same items for sale in the groups at a premium. It seems they never intended to keep the items in the first place. I’m sure some people report clients out of jealously but others probably do it because they’re sick of the people who only buy to flex and make a profit.
What about those that never show on IG but quietly unload them thru Fashionphile? There are lots of them and it is not limited to H after COVID with worldwide supply issues. Just look at rival Chanel. They are just as bad.

What about those that never show on IG but quietly unload them thru Fashionphile? There are lots of them and it is not limited to H after COVID with worldwide supply issues. Just look at rival Chanel. They are just as bad.

As I mentioned in my original post, it’s happening also on fp. It’s so bad that watches and fine jewelry items are priced sometimes at 50% off. This does not happen with cartier or van cleef jewelry.

I think it’s different with Chanel. People aren’t buying a bunch of bait to buy Chanel bags. With Chanel they’re buying bags and slgs mostly to profit.

I’ll give some examples to illustrate what I’ve seen in H fb groups:

1. one client recently showed off her mauve C18 on social media. Five days later client is selling that bag brand new in an fb group for more than twice the price. She also has an array of other items for sale including multiple rodeos.

2. one client was selling several Avalon items, a hat, a wallet, and lipglosses all bnib. (The selling of lip glosses was truly puzzling.)

3. One client recently showed off her croc mini k on social media. She was most recently selling also a blue indigo k28 (initially asking 24,500), blanket, several sandals, a rodeo, a beautiful neutral mini lindy, and a croc H watch. All bnib.

4. One client recently bought a croc bag and has been Selling picotins and a jige - all bnib. She notes “trusted seller” and “price drop!” In her posts. And of course the others in these groups who also regularly get offers from h but then resell are commenting “trusted seller!” And “buy with confidence!”.

i could go on and on but you get my point. These are the types of things seen over and over again. These clients clearly have figured out how to game the system. And of course what can one expect when the system is set up this way and it’s a free market. The losers in this game are those who truly love the brand and are missing out on non qb items because others are greedily grabbing items they never intended to keep for a bag offer or to resell for a profit.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in my original post, it’s happening also on fp. It’s so bad that watches and fine jewelry items are priced sometimes at 50% off. This does not happen with cartier or van cleef jewelry.

I think it’s different with Chanel. People aren’t buying a bunch of bait to buy Chanel bags. With Chanel they’re buying bags and slgs mostly to profit.

1. one client recently showed off her mauve C18 on social media. Five days later client is selling that bag brand new in an fb group for more than twice the price. She also has an array of other items for sale including multiple rodeos.

2. one client was selling several Avalon items, a hat, a wallet, and lipglosses all bnib. (The selling of lip glosses was truly puzzling.)

3. One client recently showed off her croc mini k on social media. She was most recently selling also a blue indigo k28 (initially asking 24,500), blanket, several sandals, a rodeo, a beautiful neutral mini lindy, and a croc H watch. All bnib.

4. One client recently bought a croc bag and has been Selling picotins and a jige - all bnib. She notes “trusted seller” and “price drop!” In her posts. And of course the others in these groups who also regularly get offers from h but then resell are commenting “trusted seller!” And “buy with confidence!”.

i could go on and on but you get my point. These are the types of things seen over and over again. These clients clearly have figured out how to game the system. And of course what can one expect when the system is set up this way and it’s a free market. The losers in this game are those who truly love the brand and are missing out on non qb items because others are greedily grabbing items they never intended to keep for a bag offer or to resell for a profit.

Yeah, that makes me angry, too.

I don’t know if I’d say they’ve beaten the game. They often take huge losses on the bait items. One lady must be up to $100,000 (literally) in losses if she succeeds in selling all the items she has listed for her asking prices. Seems like H is the only winner.

Yah…. Unfortunately H is the winner here. Not sure if they will black list anyone as these ARE considered VIP. So much so that I am wary on people who unveil their offers here (bags or otherwise), do 'closet clean' or whatever. I am sure lots are truly genuine but some are just on a fishing expedition.

Yah…. Unfortunately H is the winner here. Not sure if they will black list anyone as these ARE considered VIP. So much so that I am wary on people who unveil their offers here (bags or otherwise), do 'closet clean' or whatever. I am sure lots are truly genuine but some are just on a fishing expedition.

This is another thing I don’t get. Some do appear to have achieved some kind of vip level but you wonder what kind of people with vip level spending would waste their time posting in fb groups to make some extra change selling bait items, especially when you can get scammed so easily. And they often seem so desperate to sell items quickly with “60% off!” Or “price drop!.” And almost always their sale posts appear to fund other items. For instance one client, recently was showing off a vca bracelet in another group and then posted a gold mini lindy for sale at twice the price. I guess some vips have strange habits though when people seem to live a double lifestyle on ig versus fb you wonder if it’s all just smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:
You become a VIP if you spend significant amounts of money in a short period of time. But at the end of the day, H is still the winner! Whether you buy for yourself or you buy to resell..you still buy from them. Sales is sales. Doubt that they will blacklist and keep track regularly. Unless maybe someone reports you directly to Corporate. But if you were the SA/SM and client A helps you target your sales quota each year..let's you keep your job and you get the "SA of the Year Award" due to that.....and in turn you get to pay your mortgage monthly, get to feed your whole family, pay for your vehicles, insurance, and children's schooling....would you really report that VIP client of yours that resells?

You become a VIP if you spend significant amounts of money in a short period of time. But at the end of the day, H is still the winner! Whether you buy for yourself or you buy to resell..you still buy from them. Sales is sales. Doubt that they will blacklist and keep track regularly. Unless maybe someone reports you directly to Corporate. But if you were the SA/SM and client A helps you target your sales quota each year..let's you keep your job and you get the "SA of the Year Award" due to that.....and in turn you get to pay your mortgage monthly, get to feed your whole family, pay for your vehicles, insurance, and children's schooling....would you really report that VIP client of yours that resells?
Believe it or not there are sas who care about brand image and the reselling. They are in these groups and likely telling their coworkers about the some of the more offending resellers. Of course there are many sas who are transactional and just want to make money to earn a living. But look at Chanel. They did not like what was going on with all the reselling and how it was impacting their image. I am sure it has impacted sa sales goals and earnings. At the end of the day, agree with what you and others have said. H is the winner. The resellers are the winners. Loyal clients who love the brand are the losers.

Here’s an interesting comment from one of the h fb groups:

“100 some of my former
coworkers are now at orange and they
absolutely see what's going on. I used
to work w luxury timepieces which
have a secondary market like H, I had
2 coworkers get fired bc their clients
flipped a new watch, one turned up at
a major auction house and sold for
$400k OVER list, then other was a
steel sport watch and was on a
reseller site, both of my friends lost
their jobs! Usually the client just
doesn't get offers anymore but the
management was trying to set an
example to sales associates!”

I don’t know if I’d say they’ve beaten the game. They often take huge losses on the bait items. One lady must be up to $100,000 (literally) in losses if she succeeds in selling all the items she has listed for her asking prices. Seems like H is the only winner.
Agreed, when I see absurd things like H skateboards and chess sets on Fashionphile I cringe, they have to be taking huge losses on those items.

I know for certain that there are Hermes Brand Protection employees in those Facebook groups and more than a few of the resellers have been blacklisted; though it’s usually not a big legal-letter thing, it’s more of the SA/SM blocking bag offers without any word to the client. Many of these clients don’t recognize what actually is happening as the current legitimate low inventory environment gives good cover to the “sorry, we have zero wishlist items right now!” story. As inventory and offers get more plentiful on Social Media, I predict hearing more and more complaints from confused clients wondering why their previously good relationship has “suddenly” turned sour.