Hermes birkin with shooting star hallmark

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Hi everyone, I tried to reply this post to one of the old thread about the shooting star hallmark but wasn't successful as the thread was years back. So please allow me to start a new thread to clarify something.

I recently saw a 30 gold tan togo shooting star birkin for sale on ebay. Here is the link:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_AFte5IPoPnLTBJQm84Z2dRcEE, and went on did some research online found out there was one article used a pretty much identical birkin as an example to explain the shooting star but the one they used has already sold back in 2009. Here is the link: http://decadesinc.blogspot.com.au/2009_06_01_archive.html

By pretty identical I mean they have the same hallmark, blind stamps, size and color, the only difference is the choice of leather, one is togo, one is Clemence, and the year stamp's position, one is tilt to the right, another one is to the left if it makes sense. They were made by the same craftsman judging from the blind stamp, but is it possible? I just read someone's post saying one craftsman can only make one bag for personal use per year? If so, one could really be fake but the both claim to be authentic.

And can shooting star be reconditioned? A lot of people say they can't but some said yes. The seller however has great knowledge and did mention what the shooting star hallmark is and also replied me she did take it to the hermes store asked if it could be reconditioned and SA said they're more than happy to send it to France for assessment. :thinking: Does anyone own one of these birkins? Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance =)

2. You can post in older threads. Just check the box at the bottom acknowledging you realize you're bumping an old thread. I believe there's info in that thread that answers your questions. We also ask that authentication questions only go into the relevant authentication threads. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.