Hermes Birkin vs. Fendi Twin Tote

hblux

Nov 23, 2008
I know this may not seem like a comparison, but I am trying to decide between which bag to get first. A Matte Croc 35cm Birkin or a Matte Croc Fendi Twin Tote. I LOVE Birkins and have a solid collection started thus far, but I really fell in love with the simplicity of the Fendi Croc Twin Tote in black. I need some advise and thoughts from TPF members. The twin tote in croc runs about $20K and the Birkin will run a little more than double that. Help!

imho the croc birkin is far better quality than the fendi peekaboo twin tote... i looked at the fendi blac kcroc peekaboo and concluded it wasnt worth it in croc, cute for summer in the raffia with coloured snakeskin though

the black croc peekaboo i inspected was gbp 18200, roughly usd 28000 i would assume at current rates.

i do like the bags, got an ombre lizard peekaboo and a raffia one too, thought useful as low profile bags, thinking of picking up the beige watersnake or chevre with coloured snake lining too (v visible spine on the chevre though) but want to watch the bag's progress at fendi, if it's the sort of bag that goes in the end of season sale, i'd be loath to buy a croc one at full price, but just my humble observation!

good looking bag anyway.

took me hours to peel off all the plastic practically welded on the hardware

one cute feature is the mix of gold and brushed steel on all the hardware.

the quality of the croc rather stiffer than h, but it did come with a cites, nilo farmed from zimbabwe

hth

I think the OP is referring to the Twin tote which was bought out following the Olsen twin carrying the vintage version. I have the all black leather version to give you an idea of the design. It is larger than my 35cm Birkin. The UK price is around £10000 GBP for the croc version

picture.php

I think the OP is referring to the Twin tote which was bought out following the Olsen twin carrying the vintage version. I have the all black leather version to give you an idea of the design. It is larger than my 35cm Birkin. The UK price is around £10000 GBP for the croc version

picture.php
oops my mistake... though op meant the peekaboo which has two identical sides!

Is there a picture of the Fendi twin tote?

picture.php

Are you referring to this Fendi Twin tote, hblux?:smile: I prefer a matte croc B 35.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 23mssuh.jpg
    23mssuh.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,370
I did mean the re-create from the Olsen twins bag. The Fendi tote with the 2 handles and FF gold (metal). It appears to be a great classic Fendi and NOT too flashy. I just don't know if I should just go with the leather Fendi bag and the croc in the Hermes Birkin.....

I think that if you like the style of the Fendi bag, do it in leather, not croc. IMO, the Fendi tote reminds me of the Chanel Port. bag in bag. Of course Karl designs for both brands, so it makes sense. The Fendi is somewhat trendy. The Birkin is a classic, and more well made. If you want something that is timeless in an exotic material, stick with a design that will never go out of style, like the Birkin. I would never want to waste $20k on something that could be embarrassingly "last season" sometime in the future. That said, I think the style of the Fendi bag is really fabulous looking, I just wouldn't do it in croc.