Hermes Birkin Sale Questions?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    Hi,

My mom needs to sell her precious Hermes Birkin. Where's a good place where she can get the best price for it? It's about a year old, in very good condition, I think she only used it like 5 times and the rest of the time she keeps it padded with tissue paper in its duster bag/box and home.

xxx

:smile:

- Zajiue

2. #2 Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  3. Thank you for your reply. Beyond consignment shops, are there other forums or blogs or anything like that, that I could recommend to my mother? I understand that there is no selling on this site. :smile: Also, is the amount, 10K, that she's hoping for, a reasonable amount or too much? Thank you!

4. The price very much depends on the condition/demand of the bag. The threads I posted contain helpful info.

5. Looking through them now. Thank you. :smile: It's crazy though how much of a cut they take. Portero takes 30%! I'll let my mom know what I've found. Thanks again!

6. Try Ebay or Bonanzle, if you want to sell it yourself.

Both take a cut of the sale amount, but I think it is less than the consignors.