Hermes Birkin 30 or Hermes Kelly 32

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Real Talk on PB: Should You Buy a New Bag With Your Stimulus Check?. What would you do with an extra $1,200?
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello ladies, which one do you think is a better choice?

2. i prefer b30

3. Do you like a tote or a "handbag"? Is a shoulder strap important (Kelly only) or are you ok carrying your bag handheld or in the crook of your arm? With a 30B you are not hands-free -important for kids, travel, etc.
    I love both but if I had to choose I'd be a Kelly girl. I also think the Kelly looks good in 32 but the B looks a bit shrunken in 30. Just MVHO!!

appl likes this.
  4. Thank you! Agree I think B30 looks a little shrunken especially that I'm 5'7". If handheld the K32 looks more proportional on me than the B30. Weird size difference is really small but the total look makes a whole lot of difference as well. I already have a Birkin in 35 (black) and a Kelly in 32 (gold). Between the 2 I love the Kelly more but I prefer using Birkin (maybe because it's a fuss free open bag). I want to have another color (hopefully pop of color this time like electric blue or ultra violet) that's why I'm condsidering the B30 for another size option or K32 which I love. I'm still torned!

5. I'm not sure if B30 is going to be good size for me.

6. I am about the same height as you. I like both bags and B30 holds more than K32. Agree that handheld, K32 looks more proportionate. Happy deciding!

7. I came across this dilemma when I was saving up for my first Hermes. I ended up getting a K32 because
    1. I loved the look more than the B30 and if this were to be my ONLY H bag, the K32 would be it
    2. The shoulder strap! I get really tired of handheld bags and because I ALMOST ALWAYS have my hyper dog with me it makes like a lot easier

However, I do want to own a B30 one day. I personally love the Birkins in pop colors and the Kellys in muted/feminine colors. Good luck deciding!

renet and LovEmAll like this.
  8. This is perfect advice.

9. love the hands free option of the kelly, love the chic look of the birkin.

10. Kelly 32 for the hands-free option.

11. Kelly!!!

12. I had the same dilemma not long ago. I already own a b35 and a k32. I also own a GP and that's 36... I clearly like bigger bags but I am short!! 5'2"

So I wanted to try a B30 and it was absolutely gorgeous, blue electric Togo with palladium... Just beautiful and it fit my frame so well. And I knew the size was right because my K32 is amazing... But then I did think of this: I really like the Kelly, I like to wear it crossbody with my Evelyne strap and I like to have that option because I have a toddler and because I like to take my bag for international travel. So a B would be beautiful but I would use the K so much more.

So if you are planning on having just ONE bag I would go for the K

I ended up passing on the B30 and decided I want a second K32 instead. It would get so much love during trips and I travel a lot.

lynne_ross likes this.
  13. Thanks for this thread - while I am far away from this decision, it is something that I contemplate a lot when I think of H bags. I constantly sway between Kelly 28, Kelly 32 and Birkin 30. I think if I were to get a chanel classic flap it would make the Kelly 28 redundant so then it would be between K 32 and B 30.
    The Kelly would be an allround bag (work and family) while the Birkin would be strictly a work tote. I am about to have my fifth child so hand-carry is impossible when I am out and about with the kids. not sure how useful the Birkin would be given that I ALWAYS carry my laptop with me and I have GP for that purpose already.

looking forward what decision you will make - but I think if one needs a shoulder strap the Kelly is the best choice.

14. Great advice & the B30 works in a pop color...

15. I just had this a similar dilema mine was
    Hermes 35 Togo in Iris
    Or A Barenia fauv tan 32 Kelly

I nearly went for the Kelly as its always been my dream bag and I've always preferred it over the Birkin for some reason but I bought the Birkin as it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me.
    The high status and the colour attracted me more and more.

The 35 is the perfect size imo I'm skinny build size 12. I was amazed and blown over when it finally arrived.

Not sure on Hermes sizing though.

Birkin is a casual bag that has very high status in today's day and age handheld only though so that's the downfall for some.

Kelly is a timeless classic very smart looking bag. Hands free option would have been better for me but as I have a Mulberry Kelly so I changed my mind and don't regret it one bit now.

I think in your dilema you should weigh up the pros and cons of both and what you really need in your collection.
    If mine was a 30 it would be too small for me. Your a lot taller than me.
    Maybe the Kelly would be a better option for you.
    Good luck deciding

Orangefanatic likes this.