Hermès Bags Marked "S" for Sale: What Types of Defects Lead to This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliet827

Jan 18, 2013
I have a Kelly that's stamped very subtly with a faint "S" to the left of the Hermès Paris embossed stamp above the turnlock. The seller said that she had bought it at FSH on sale (I have no way of verifying that, but I do know that the bag is authentic from my own SA, and from having it spa'ed [and, I can just tell]).

I know that the story/rumor is that imperfect bags are destroyed, but obviously some are put on sale (or sold to employees?). My question: I can't find anything wrong with this bag, and have examined it very very closely and compared it to my other Kellys and Birkins. Every stitch looks perfect, as do the handle, the hardware, etc. What kinds of defects usually cause a bag to be branded with this imperfect "S" mark? I also wonder how much these "S" bags are discounted in general.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom and expertise -- I've always been curious about this! :smile:

Attachments

mistikat

Bling!
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
There are a couple of existing threads on sale bags; would you mind contributing to an active thread? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.