Hermes bags and what you wear with them..................

Have you thought about Jil Sander. The clothes are simple, so well cut and designed and are the perfect foil to Hermes accessories. On the moderately priced end, I love J Crew.

etoupebirkin ita! J Crew has some fantastic velvet fitted jackets with loose drapey tunics/tees and and amazing cashmere too! I just got the fall catalog, i was really wowed!! Mixed with maybe some Elie Tahari trousers or Vince pieces...moderate, classic and easy chic! GREAT THREAD, i need some clothes shoping motivation, sometimes i spend too much on accessories ( an H bag never makes my bootie look big) and not enough on clothes!

Last edited:
i do like j crew but its limited.............sometimes you need some fabulous fabrics

i know, sometimes i just get so tired of the day to day and want something fabulous on to feel fabulous...a dramatic escada blouse or Giambatista Valli sweater, which of course can work with that J crew blazer:P

if only dressing stylishly were as effortlessly satisfying as carrying an H bag ;)

I looove Marni and have several pieces by them. You have to be careful what you buy as some of the more architectural looking pieces can be tricky to wear. I find that Marni is somewhat like Vivienne Westwood in that it often looks better if you wear it head to toe.

As littleH said Cos is a fantastic alternative to Marni without the high price tags and the quality really is outstanding.

I often wear Rick Owens cardis and a top or tunic under pair, with jeans and boots. I have a crush on RO,lol! So many brands I love so it´s hard to pick really. I like Marni too but like mooks say some of the designs can be rather tricky to wear!

eta. I love Chanel jackets with jeans to get a cool vibe! A friend of mine had on a stunning Chanel when we met last Tuesday in Copenhagen.....I fell instantly inlove!

I will love to have a chanel jacket one day..... it's in the LUST list :greengrin:

I am not sure is it a birkin is really a very versatile bag or it has something to do with the colour. Mine seems to be able to transit from real casual to formal.

Of cos the latest marwari acquistion totally allow me to be adventurous (casual sense) with my dressing. I am a Twilight fan... just watched the dvd like the 30th+ times:drool:... told DH an hour ago, i need a baseball top and i freeze the scene to show him which top! he gave me the look "eyes roll to the back of his head":rolleyes:

I have posted something similar before but I am still hunting for comfortable, slightly fashion forward, versatile clothing. I recently stumbled across a line called Marni. Some of the stuff was a little too "rich bag lady" for me but some of things were very cute. Any thoughts on Marni? Any other recs? I like trim skirts and pants but loose comfortable tops. I hate tucking things in...cause I have a gut!:P

I :heart: Marni.

Great funky jewellery (many steals to find on ebay and in department store sales - Marni is too quirky for most people, so you can always get a deal!).

Adore the clothes too, and have several pieces which I wear all the time with my H bags.

Depends on your look and confidence.

I love Marni, Dries van Noten, Issey Miyake, Marithe Francois Girbaud etc etc.... and Chanel, Donna Karan, Hermes....
Wear whatever you are comfortable with. And wear it with a good haircut, as India says.
Most importantly though, wear it with ATTITUDE

My emoticons don't work. Dont know why :sad:

kat.... something like this

wait... trying to get another link.... :sad:

kat now can see?

Attachments

• edward.jpg
    edward.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
I just wear jeans and collared tops from RL or Tommy. Boring but it's the comfort I look up for my daily activities. Just fine jewelries and some accessories to go with.

I love Marni, Dries van Noten, Issey Miyake, Marithe Francois Girbaud etc etc.... and Chanel, Donna Karan, Hermes....
Wear whatever you are comfortable with. And wear it with a good haircut, as India says.
Most importantly though, wear it with ATTITUDE

My emoticons don't work. Dont know why :sad:

Zacaza, ITA with you and India on the good haircut! And I love Issey Miyake, Chanel, Dolce, YSL& Gucci (Ford days), Carolina Hererra, Akris and Marni. Saks and Bergdorf's have great deals and triple markdown sales on all of these designers (limited buy though) BTW.