Hermes Bag-Am I being Unreasonable? Thoughts please!

• Thread starter Deleted member 626500
  • Start date
Happyish

After I posted, I scrolled back and your seller's pictures appeared, so I was revising my post whilst you were writing your response. I do still stand by my initial response.

I take TheCat's post about leather bags being used and abused, but do not think either applies here.
The age of the bag is important. The type of leather is important. The style/construction is important.
I have a box K SaD that is over ten years old and stands unfilled and unaided as straight as a die; my barenia Yohji of similar age slouches and that has sellier type stitching.

There is much discussion on thus forum about which leathers slouch or which hold the shape more than others.
Leather us a natural product, unless your bag is only a year or two old if it has slouched that can still reasonably be described as excellent condition unless there is other damage or wear; that does not appear to be the case.

NONETHELESS if you are unhappy with it, contact the seller and try to get a sympathetic response.

Reactions: Lisa-SH and Julide
Take no heed of what I say , I’m a guy !!! :biggrin:

I’ve bought vintage box leather bags , both perfect and scratched .
Even sent back to Paris for full restoration including new hardware .
I prefer “history” ....

But then again , apart from work boots my newest shoes are a pair of kickers 2-3 years old :biggrin:

Don't start to play the gender card or we will all get into trouble

I LOVE it, but then I love Swift and all soft/slouchy bags!!
yeah if this is indeed a bag in swift, it will slouch even in near new condition. It's obviously stuffed in the seller's pictures. It's unfortunate that it's not what you expected and return it if you don't like it, but keep it in mind if you're looking at other bags in swift. Im not sure if it's fair to assume that the reseller misrepresented the bag as it's fairly common to stuff the bags for display.

Reactions: 2cello
I agree with the comment above that the seller’s pictures are showing the bag stuffed so it looked less slouchy. Also agree that excellent condition does not equal new condition. I’ve purchased several bags from fashionphile listed as excellent condition but looked “broken in” when recieved. There was nothing marring the bags in anyway but they just weren’t fresh looking.

Bag looks to be in excellent condition BUT was stuffed when photographed. IMO sellers should divulge slouch as many people don’t like it (i say this as someone who has sold a few slouchy bags....always include a totally unstuffed photo).

A Swift K is going to be soft; I have Swift bags that actually puddle. Only you can know if the bag is too soft for you.

Thank you--that's my thinking. While The Cat mentioned that bags should be used and abused-I have 15 year old Hermes bags that I bought new and look new. I'm very careful with my leather goods and I'm not at all abusive, so this rankles--still-I'm trying to talk myself into it because I wanted something new . . .
thank you Gigllee for your two-cents!

Hello dear, I feel you :hugs:as I do see the kelly is sort of out of shape in your photos. Perhaps the seller didn’t stuff the bag well during storage and sent it as is (the creases and folds)? :confused1:

I am not an expert but all my H leather bags (Togo, Clemence, Evercolor, chèvre, Box even Epsom) are in good shape and they are neatly displayed on my closet shelf for easy access and viewing pleasure. I am very particular how I handle my leather bags on daily basic. I do believe leather bags should be used (I do carry and use my BKC everyday) but definitely not abused. Being neat and careful is a way of lifestyle by personal choice. To solve the slouch issue if you love everything else about this Kelly. Please check out these folds and see if permanent, if not like many has suggested, put in a structured bag insert will help....

Here is the link to the bag insert https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/bag-inserts-list.688779/page-188

Last edited:
Very sorry if you are disappointed. I echo what the others have said about the leather and the need for a purse insert. At the beginning of my bag adventures, I was very much into very stiff and structured bags. Over time my tastes have loosened up a bit lol! Now can appreciate the slouchy look that some bags have and will admit that it is an acquired taste. I think this bag can give you the best of both worlds, i.e. a stiffer look with an insert and slouchy and more casual without the insert. You might find that this will help you wear the bag even more as it gives you two options.
However, the bottom line is always that if you really don't like it, and can return it, then that is the path you should take.

What size is it? 32 or 35? That bag is not excellent IMO.
The amount of slouch in your pics (compared to seller) makes me cringe. That Kelly looks like she has scoliosis =/
Obviously I am not a slouch girl but some level is acceptable in swift but this seems overtly misrepresented.
I love my swift K28. Although she is over 10 yr old, she is soft and mildly squishy but doesn't lean.
Send it back.

What size is it? 32 or 35? That bag is not excellent IMO.
The amount of slouch in your pics (compared to seller) makes me cringe. That Kelly looks like she has scoliosis =/
Obviously I am not a slouch girl but some level is acceptable in swift but this seems overtly misrepresented.
I love my swift K28. Although she is over 10 yr old, she is soft and mildly squishy but doesn't lean.
Send it back.
This is a size 32. I too have a 10 year old+ Swift 28 and it still looks amazing.
I realize the question is whether I would have bought this had the slouch and the bending been accurately disclosed, and the answer is "no," so that seems to settle the issue.
Thank you for your help--it really helps to crystallize things.

Reactions: Julide