Hermes Baby Blanket Question

myztic

O.G.
Dec 5, 2010
Is the Hermes Avalon Baby blanket in pink or beige hard to find? I'm having a baby in February and I think it would be a good idea for her nursery room. Would you get the pink one or the beige one?
Any tips on how to find one? Did you have one? like it? or think I should go with a normal sized Avalon blanket instead?

Would it likely have a good re-sale value, in the event that I am not in love with it?

Is the Hermes Avalon Baby blanket in pink or beige hard to find? I'm having a baby in February and I think it would be a good idea for her nursery room. Would you get the pink one or the beige one?
Any tips on how to find one? Did you have one? like it? or think I should go with a normal sized Avalon blanket instead?

Would it likely have a good re-sale value, in the event that I am not in love with it?
If you're worrying about resale value before buying it perhaps its not REALLY what you actually want?
I would never buy anything with resale value in mind because also chances are you'll be disappointed.
they are not a rare item if thats what you're asking because a client of mine was looking for one and there were all options available in store.

If you're worrying about resale value before buying it perhaps its not REALLY what you actually want?
I would never buy anything with resale value in mind because also chances are you'll be disappointed.
they are not a rare item if thats what you're asking because a client of mine was looking for one and there were all options available in store.

I haven’t had a chance to look at it in stores (been having such a hard time walking), maybe I should look at it in person first.
It’s also not a common item to find online reviews for (basically how long it can be used by a child? 0-7? 0-1? Etc.

I do think I want it but also know it’s not a forever piece that can be used forever.

Your SA can always order one for you. The baby size Avalon will fit a crib mattress, but will not fit a twin size bed, if you plan to use it later as a bedspread.
The size of the baby Avalon is about 39.5 inches wide, and 55 inches long. A twin bed is 39 inches wide and 78 inches long.
You can always use it as a throw, and it would look nice folded at the end of a twin bed. If you don't mind spending over $1000.00 and are prepared to wash it a lot, to keep it clean and sanitary for a baby, why not?

Reactions: myztic
My cousin had a hard time re-selling her baby blanket after she had it awhile. Not just because it's smaller..but the tag says Hermes Baby on it.so it's not for anyone to snap up for home decor (IMO) other than a nursery.

Reactions: myztic
Your SA can always order one for you. The baby size Avalon will fit a crib mattress, but will not fit a twin size bed, if you plan to use it later as a bedspread.
The size of the baby Avalon is about 39.5 inches wide, and 55 inches long. A twin bed is 39 inches wide and 78 inches long.
You can always use it as a throw, and it would look nice folded at the end of a twin bed. If you don't mind spending over $1000.00 and are prepared to wash it a lot, to keep it clean and sanitary for a baby, why not?
Babies aren’t supposed to have any blankets in their cribs for at least the first year anyway. I would think the most use one would get out of it would be as a wrap while the baby is in her stroller. Also, people seem to love giving baby blankets as newborn gifts so the last thing my house needs is another miniature blanket, especially for $1000.

My cousin had a hard time re-selling her baby blanket after she had it awhile. Not just because it's smaller..but the tag says Hermes Baby on it.so it's not for anyone to snap up for home decor (IMO) other than a nursery.
Thank you so much for sharing your cousins experience. on resale sites it seems they still sell them close to retail price, but they don’t seem to sell really fast.

Thank you so much for sharing your cousins experience. on resale sites it seems they still sell them close to retail price, but they don’t seem to sell really fast.
On resell sites you mostly pay a 30% fee. If you will sell your future blanket for retail, you will still make a 30% loss. If you want the most bang for your buck, go for the normal sized Avalon. If you are not in love with the Avalon, just go for an non H blanket.