Hermes AW23 RTW & Accessories: Show and Discussion

I LOVE! I think we should be TWiNS and do lunch somewhere fancy like Nobu Malibu. I will buy the red one.

View attachment 5734732
Sounds like a perfect plan! Mini wagyu tacos and tuna on crispy rice for us both :biggrin:

ETA: I love the felt Birkin. The tassel, not so much.

But, but. . . @haute okole, we cannot be twins bc (runs away) I like chanel RTW more than H lol :biggrin:

This show. . . It’s like if JPG and YSL collaborated and did a max Mara show
(And tried to prove that Issey Miyake doesn’t have a monopoly on pleats)

Last edited:
Hrmmmm. From this angle the toe of the boot might be a little too blunt for my preference. Love the heel, and the suede, and the colors. I'll have to get used to this (although I just returned a pair of OTK leather boots because they were too pointy, so.....)
I feel like it’s the love child of a Jimmy Choo heel and a Bottega Venetia toe.

Sounds like a perfect plan! Mini wagyu tacos and tuna on crispy rice for us both :biggrin:

ETA: I love the felt Birkin. The tassel, not so much.

But, but. . . @haute okole, we cannot be twins bc (runs away) I like chanel RTW more than H lol :biggrin:

This show. . . It’s like if JPG and YSL collaborated and did a max Mara show
(And tried to prove that Issey Miyake doesn’t have a monopoly on pleats)
Lol - must admit - Max Mara vibes here too -.
Actually not bad for my taste, except that just like Max Mara, these pleated skirts are less favourable for my personal body shape/frame:
:crybaby:immediately + 3-5 kg and + 5-8 kg with shine - without baguette and without pralines ... just like the beautiful thick-knitted - but short - jumpers.
Overall, I really like the collection!

Love the boots: but is it just me who sees the models walking wobbly on them - not enough support in the foot area or difficult heels? And I would prefer the toe a tiny bit more pointed.

Love the boots: but is it just me who sees the models walking wobbly on them - not enough support in the foot area or difficult heels? And I would prefer the toe a tiny bit more pointed.
I get the impression that a lot of models just simply do not know how to walk (gracefully) in heels. Across many shows I've witnessed stomping or just simply got the impression that this the 3rd time they are ever in heels and are about to fall over. That said, after potentially walking NY, London and Milan...they may just be over it and exhaustion is setting in. Or it could very well be the shoe. I suppose we'll find out.
The heel is not terribly high and/or thin. I agree and would prefer a more pointed or even more evergreen almond shaped toe. The squared off is definitely a trend that comes/goes and the more I see it, the less I like it. My concern about them...I find that over the knee sock boots are a hard look to pull off. This totally depends on the design of the boot though, but if it is too tight up top could be deeply unflattering and if one is petite in height could go up too high. I may try them on but think I'll be relegated to the ankle version (I believe I've seen one), which may simply be more versatile.

This is PFW from Victoria Magrath. It's a long video with advertorial et al but for a brief look at Hermes skip right to 38:45. It's only two minutes or so and you won't see anything new but it offers some more video close-ups of fabrics, bags, etc.:

I get the impression that a lot of models just simply do not know how to walk (gracefully) in heels. Across many shows I've witnessed stomping or just simply got the impression that this the 3rd time they are ever in heels and are about to fall over. That said, after potentially walking NY, London and Milan...they may just be over it and exhaustion is setting in. Or it could very well be the shoe. I suppose we'll find out.
The heel is not terribly high and/or thin. I agree and would prefer a more pointed or even more evergreen almond shaped toe. The squared off is definitely a trend that comes/goes and the more I see it, the less I like it. My concern about them...I find that over the knee sock boots are a hard look to pull off. This totally depends on the design of the boot though, but if it is too tight up top could be deeply unflattering and if one is petite in height could go up too high. I may try them on but think I'll be relegated to the ankle version (I believe I've seen one), which may simply be more versatile.

This is PFW from Victoria Magrath. It's a long video with advertorial et al but for a brief look at Hermes skip right to 38:45. It's only two minutes or so and you won't see anything new but it offers some more video close-ups of fabrics, bags, etc.:

Thank you, dear julian.f. I see your points. You are right about quite everything.

I totally enjoyed - surprisingly - your kindly integrated video. So thank you for that, too :flowers:
I'm not on IG, FB or any other social media except here and was very pleasantly surprised to find V not only picture perfect but also so personable and authentic that I managed to watch her - well almost - the whole video in one go.
So, if you might be able to integrate more videos from her ... I would be truly quite pleased.:blush: