Hermes Atlanta?

anez

B-& until the sales!
Dec 9, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
anez.livejournal.com
Okay, folks, looking for some help.

I will be visiting a friend in Alabama in the second week of December, and since I can take a 23-hour layover in Atlanta (or less, if I want), I think I might stop there for a night and visit the H there while I'm in town because my friend doesn't want to drive me there and back from Alabama while I am visiting with her as it's a very long trip and she has no interest in bags and H.

So, my questions are these:

- Is the H in Atlanta big enough to warrant going out of my way?
- What sort of stock do they have?
- How far away from the airport is it?
- Can anyone recommend a hotel in the area? (Something between budget and five star would be good)

Or if anyone has any other advice to suggest, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Florasun

O.G.
May 29, 2007
Hi Anez -
When I visit family in Alabama and Georgia I try to stay at the JW Marriott that is attached to Lenox Square Mall - that way I can just walk to Hermes which is located in that mall.
We take MARTA from the airport to the Marriott; the MARTA is on the corner across from the hotel/mall. It's about a 45 minute ride.

I was told that the Atlanta boutique is one of the smaller boutiques. I really can't comment on their stock since I haven't been there for a few months - but I really like the SA Tameko - he is very helpful and has called other stores to track down items for me. Hope this helps.

GirlieShoppe

HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
The Atlanta Hermes boutique is not very big but it would still be a worthwhile trip because Lenox Square Mall is awesome. From the airport I would say it would be a 45-60 minute drive, depending upon the traffic which can be horrid in Atlanta. It's been 8-9 months or so since I was there so I'm not able to comment on the current stock. However, the last time I was there I saw both a Birkin and a Kelly on display.

ETA: The SA that helped me the last time I was in there was very helpful. I wish I could remember her name!

Another edit: I'm sorry! I'm getting Lenox Square confused with Perimeter Mall. The drive from the airport should only be 45-50 minutes or so (depending upon the traffic).

Last edited:

lilyhermes

O.G.
Apr 23, 2008
The Atlanta Hermes boutique is not very big but it would still be a worthwhile trip because Lenox Square mall is awesome. From the airport I would say it would be a 45-60 minute drive, depending upon the traffic which can be horrid in Atlanta. It's been 8-9 months or so since I was there so I'm not able to comment on the current stock. However, the last time I was there I saw both a Birkin and a Kelly on display.

ETA: The SA that helped me the last time I was in there was very helpful. I wish I could remember her name!
Yes, it's true, the Atlanta Hermes certainly isn't a huge store (the new one coming next fall will be three times the size), so of course, there isn't a ton of room for display. However, I wouldn't call it tiny either. But, if you're looking for anything in particular, be sure to ask, as they have drawers and drawers of stock that isn't out.

Driving from the airport would probably, indeed, be a nightmare for anyone unfamiliar with Atlanta (I've lived here for over twenty years and won't even make that drive!). You could store your bags at the airport and jump on MARTA, our rapid transit system. You'd get off at the Financial Center stop and walk a bit north to Lenox Square. You'd see Neiman-Marcus, and Hermes is just outside of their mall door. Or you could also get off at the Lenox Square stop and the mall will be just across the street and slightly behind you. The trip one way would take you about 45-50 minutes depending on the time of day, and the cost is around $2.00. (Just make sure that you're on the Doraville bound train leaving the airport or change trains at Lindbergh, as the route splits there, and you'd need to be on the right train, or you'd never see Hermes!)

The JW Marriott would be a great choice, as it's actually connected to Lenox Square, which means that you wouldn't even have to leave the comfort of the air conditioning. There's also the Intercontinental south of the mall but definitely within walking distance. The price would be higher. If you really want to splurge, there's the Ritz Carlton next door to Phipps Plaza, another great place to be parted from your cash. It's just across the street from Lenox Square.

It's a very hospitable store, and all of the SA's are friendly and happy to help.

Oct 12, 2006
I think it'd definitely be worth a visit. I've visited it once and found a couple great items. I bought my Evelyne from them by phone back in 2006 and they were just a total pleasure to deal with. I've dealt with three SAs there and all three were great!

Ammietwist

Feb 5, 2006
The Atlanta store would be worthwhile to go to for the other stores in the mall if nothing else. It's next door to Neiman Marcus, and they've just expanded. Cartier, LV, Godiva, St. John, Kate Spade...and others are on that level in the same wing. You've also got Panera Bread for sandwiches/soups/bread, Crate & Barrel across from them, Tous jewelry from Spain, Coach...and a ton more.

IMO it's a much better mall than Phipps Plaza, which is catty corner to Lenox Square. Phipps has Saks, Tiffany, Nordstrom, Gucci, Versace...and a bunch more.

BTW, my favorite SA at the Atlanta Hermes is Brittany, but I've also gone to Oscar as a backup. Hunter is also really nice. Most of the others are the ones I avoid.

Oct 12, 2006
I LOVE the SA Temako, also the assistant manager Chris is a sweetheart:heart:
Temako has been great on the phone a couple times. He goes out of his way to find things the store doesn't have. He and Brittany worked together on finding the Evelyne I was looking for a couple years ago. Oscar is also really sweet.

anez

B-& until the sales!
Dec 9, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
anez.livejournal.com
You could store your bags at the airport and jump on MARTA, our rapid transit system.
Will the airport let me do this (and leave the secure area!) if I am already checked through? I will definitely not be driving myself (no licence!) but I could get a taxi or take the train... I may not even need to stay overnight if I can get out through security...

Liberté

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
Across a pond
If you are interested in anything particular (like a certain scarf or a bracelet etc) I would call them and tell them you want to get it and check stock because, like kallie girl wrote above, they do co operate well with other stores in the area and can overnight things if they understand you really want something (I had GREAT service at the NC store and they got me stuff asap from the atl store even if I just came as a tourist). I would not do this unless you're actually interested in buying though.

Have a great time! I can't wait to go back myself. ^_^

Last edited:
May 28, 2008
Temako has been great on the phone a couple times. He goes out of his way to find things the store doesn't have. He and Brittany worked together on finding the Evelyne I was looking for a couple years ago. Oscar is also really sweet.
Girls I will be there this Nov to catch Madonna, would you suggest I call the store before hand rather that visiting the store and ask if they have a Birkin? because I will only be visiting for 3 days :sad:

mcs1111

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
Any Atlanta girls have recs for a new SA for me in Atlanta? It is my closest Hermes store so I like to order from there by phone since I do drop in once or twice a year...I just called to order some scarves and they tell me that Brittany is no longer there. She had been SO helpful to me in the past.