Hermes at Saks Off 5th Avenue

coucou chanel

holy grail: check!
O.G.
Feb 22, 2012
A new Saks Off 5th Ave store just opened in my area and they had H items, but at boutique prices. What's the point? :annoyed:

IMG_0330_1.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Reactions: orangefeast
There is a Saks Off Fifth by me in Florida. I asked the handbag manager what the story was about getting Hermes items in the store. (there were two kellys, one birkin, evelyn tpm, some wallets and jewelry). She told me they are vintage pieces and when they sell them they have access to more. They had a blue colvert b35 at one time, don't know the date, but they wanted 15,500 for it and must have received it because it was gone the next time I was there.

There is a Saks Off Fifth by me in Florida. I asked the handbag manager what the story was about getting Hermes items in the store. (there were two kellys, one birkin, evelyn tpm, some wallets and jewelry). She told me they are vintage pieces and when they sell them they have access to more. They had a blue colvert b35 at one time, don't know the date, but they wanted 15,500 for it and must have received it because it was gone the next time I was there.
There's one near me, and the prices are also high. I don't know where they get the items, but somebody's making a big profit selling pre-owned at retail cost.

Yes, they're definitely vintage. The bracelets and watches had scratches all over. The scarf and and the H bracelet were only $5 less than brand new ones from the boutique. I mean, you gotta be kidding me!

Reactions: orangefeast
Was visiting San Francisco, Market St, a few weeks ago, saw a large case with H bags. Interesting that the online prices are marked down 3 cents.

Was visiting San Francisco, Market St, a few weeks ago, saw a large case with H bags. Interesting that the online prices are marked down 3 cents.
Yep can confirm. SIL saw the same thing and even emailed me a pic when she was at the SF store. Funny enough this morning I heard from my coworker about this company called Lxrco. Their model is both online store (reseller) and offline - they park themselves inside department stores like Hudson Bay in Canada (think these guys are Canadians) and Lord & Taylor in the US. Maybe the one at Saks is kinda similar?

Yep can confirm. SIL saw the same thing and even emailed me a pic when she was at the SF store. Funny enough this morning I heard from my coworker about this company called Lxrco. Their model is both online store (reseller) and offline - they park themselves inside department stores like Hudson Bay in Canada (think these guys are Canadians) and Lord & Taylor in the US. Maybe the one at Saks is kinda similar?
I saw lxrco at Steinmart today! They had tons of LV but had a garden party, 2 Evelyne, a toile vache hunter herbag and a couple of bolides. One bolide had a terrible zipper, and made me question authenticity...they had a H scarf wrinkled up in a display case with two H watches carelessly thrown on top. I felt like the display disrespected the Product with disregard to how it should be carefully handled.

Reactions: A-Line
I can confirm that Saks Off 5th at Sawgrass Outlet (in Florida) has vintage Hermes bags, wallets and jewelry at crazy prices......... and if my memory doesnt fail me Century 21 (C21) store in the same outlet sells vintage bags (LV, Hermes, D&G etc)

Reactions: PoppyLadyBird

Yup, their prices are not precisely "Off" I dont know how their pricing system works...... some things are more expensive than new ones that can easily be bought in Hermes store.....