Hermes at my mother's funeral

as a daughter and a mother, i am so sad for you.
i do hope that items she associates with me might give dd comfort later (much much much later) - and i also hope she grows up to be a woman who would buy her mom a kelly bag (for this, for me, it really is the thought that counts - just the very inclination would be enough for me). :heart::flowers::heart:

Coco-nut, bless you in your time of sorrow. What a devoted daughter you are, and what lovely memories you have created with your dear mother in her final years.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts everyone. It's true that I got my love of Hermes from my mother. I now have her 50s-era mini-agenda with a little sterling pencil, along with a 50s era scarf unlike any I've ever seen. It's badly stained, as I remember my mother wearing it every winter day during the 60s, but I'll post a photo someday.

My mother and I had our ups and downs over the years, but I'll certainly miss her. I talked with her five times a day and already that's a void I haven't figured out how to fill.

Btw, lovehermes didn't get the chance to meet her, but did see me wheeling her around NM before we knew each other. Those were good times.

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I lost my mother in 2002 to Ovarian, and she was truly my best friend. How lovely that you had her black bag. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts everyone. It's true that I got my love of Hermes from my mother. I now have her 50s-era mini-agenda with a little sterling pencil, along with a 50s era scarf unlike any I've ever seen. It's badly stained, as I remember my mother wearing it every winter day during the 60s, but I'll post a photo someday.

that sounds wonderful, just knowing how much she loved/used it. i am inspired by her!

My mother and I had our ups and downs over the years, but I'll certainly miss her. I talked with her five times a day and already that's a void I haven't figured out how to fill.

that's me and my mom. :heart:

Coco-nut, I am sorry to hear about your mother's passing. I remember when you and your family were struggling with her illness and how you were searching for a special bag to give to her. I hope that fond memories of her will bring you peace and solace.

Coco-nut I also remember when you gave your mother that bag and it was something special between you two!! I am so sorry for the loss.....take good care of yourself...and hugs to you!