Hermes Arcane bracelet

rockyp

Mar 6, 2009
Hello,

I just wondered if anyone has this bracelet/cuff and has any comments about it? I love the look of it but I already have a few clic-clacs that I don't wear very often as I find them a bit uncomfortable and too 'chunky'. I went to the H concession in Selfridges London to try it on but they didn't have one in store. I keep looking at pictures online and it looks so beautiful so I thought I'd see if could get some expert review from the tPF community.

Thanks

Apologies for replying late to this question. In case you're still thinking about it, I have the Acrane PM, which is about 3cm in height, not as tall as the GM shown on the website.

For what it's worth, I've had my Arcane PM for a few years. Given how you feel about the Clic Clac, my impression is that you might find the Arcane style to be similarly uncomfortable and chunky--maybe even more so. I would describe the Arcane PM as being thick and substantial. As a point of reference, I wear the smaller SH wrist size, and I just weighed my Arcane PM bracelet--it's about 100g. The Arcane GM will weigh even more, and it will be taller on the wrist.

Generally speaking, I do really like my Arcane PM, and I'm glad that I have it. I always receive compliments on it when I wear it. That said, it is not my most comfortable bracelet because it has straight edges at the top and bottom, and also because it's slightly loose on me, even with the SH size. For these reasons, I tend not to use it as an everyday piece. I did try on the Arcane GM at my boutique. It is stunning, but I didn't think I could wear it for very long.

Apologies for replying late to this question. In case you're still thinking about it, I have the Acrane PM, which is about 3cm in height, not as tall as the GM shown on the website.

For what it's worth, I've had my Arcane PM for a few years. Given how you feel about the Clic Clac, my impression is that you might find the Arcane style to be similarly uncomfortable and chunky--maybe even more so. I would describe the Arcane PM as being thick and substantial. As a point of reference, I wear the smaller SH wrist size, and I just weighed my Arcane PM bracelet--it's about 100g. The Arcane GM will weigh even more, and it will be taller on the wrist.

Generally speaking, I do really like my Arcane PM, and I'm glad that I have it. I always receive compliments on it when I wear it. That said, it is not my most comfortable bracelet because it has straight edges at the top and bottom, and also because it's slightly loose on me, even with the SH size. For these reasons, I tend not to use it as an everyday piece. I did try on the Arcane GM at my boutique. It is stunning, but I didn't think I could wear it for very long.

Could you post a pix, please? I can't always remember which bracelet the name refers to. TIA blueiris

I have never tried on the Arcane cuff, but I own the Eclipse cuff which looks to be a similar size and weight. My clic H bracelets don't bother me at all, but my Eclipse cuff is very heavy in comparison. In fact, I will sometimes wear 2 medium width clic H bracelets on one wrist and they don't feel as heavy as the silver cuff. If you buy it, do it for the beauty of the cuff, but definitely not for comfort.

Thank you so much for all your replies. It's very useful hearing people opinions who wear the cuff for more than a few minutes during a trying on session during the week. I still love the cuff but think it may be too chunky and solid for me at the moment. I'll just have to admire it from afar!

You may want to try out the arcane ring if you like the look. I tried on both recently but found the ring more elegant looking and practical for everyday use. Whilst I like the look of the arcane ring, I decided to buy the galop ring as my DH and SA felt the latter looks better on me.