Hermes Apple watch

I’m on day 5 with my new Hermés Apple Watch coming from an sbss S0, and I noticed that I am starting to get itchy on the top of my wrist where the stainless steel casing of the Watch rubs against. Has anyone had any allergy issues with the Hermés watch? I’m worried this might not work out for me, which is a bummer since I love the watch so much. I wish the Hermés edition were palladium plated. I never have an issue with Hermés jewelry.

I’m on day 5 with my new Hermés Apple Watch coming from an sbss S0, and I noticed that I am starting to get itchy on the top of my wrist where the stainless steel casing of the Watch rubs against. Has anyone had any allergy issues with the Hermés watch? I’m worried this might not work out for me, which is a bummer since I love the watch so much. I wish the Hermés edition were palladium plated. I never have an issue with Hermés jewelry.

I’m sorry you’re having issues. They must not use surgical grade stainless steel. You’re probably allergic to the nickel they mix with it. Hope you can figure something out.[emoji4]

Reactions: Elaria

You might want to try the one with the ceramic case, and purchase the Hermes strap separately.

Last edited:

Did you buy from the Hermes store direct or from the Apple Store?

Apple let’s you refund within 14 days but Hermés does not.

Thanks for the feedback. Luckily, I haven't had any itching today and I have been wearing it for 7 hours. Only last night before bed, but no rash is currently present. I did purchase with Apple. If this gives me a rash before the final return date, I will simply return this and get the series 3 in black stainless steel since that doesn't bother me.

I am hoping I will be okay though. The bottom of the band doesn't bother me at all, which is a good sign. I was curious to see if anyone else had any itching from the case or band itself. I can't do Apple's leather loop either (metal part of the band where it loops gives me a burning rash), but am okay with their sports bands with the stainless steel pin. I also love the orange sports band that this comes with. The little Hermes touch on the pin is so cute!

Reactions: zzzman
Thanks for the feedback. Luckily, I haven't had any itching today and I have been wearing it for 7 hours. Only last night before bed, but no rash is currently present. I did purchase with Apple. If this gives me a rash before the final return date, I will simply return this and get the series 3 in black stainless steel since that doesn't bother me.

I am hoping I will be okay though. The bottom of the band doesn't bother me at all, which is a good sign. I was curious to see if anyone else had any itching from the case or band itself. I can't do Apple's leather loop either (metal part of the band where it loops gives me a burning rash), but am okay with their sports bands with the stainless steel pin. I also love the orange sports band that this comes with. The little Hermes touch on the pin is so cute!

Sorry to hear this! Wearing the sports band for long periods of time gave me a rash but the metal has been fine. Switching to leather when not working out solved it for me.

Reactions: Elaria
Do you think it’s worth it to get the 3 vs the 2 ? I don’t care about the cellular part, so I won’t know if the 3 is a lot better, beside the LTE. Thanks

I jumped from 0 to 3. I’m enjoying the freedom away from my phone with lte when I’m at work or exercising. Also a lot faster! Are u thinking Hermes 2? Not sure if you could still find any in stores?

Reactions: Rocket_girl
I ordered the aluminum Nike+ version and am considering getting an H band when it needs to look fancier (but still want to wear the apple watch for tracking my fitness). Anyone did that or do you think the aluminum case with H band would look weird?