Hermes Apple watch

I stopped by here because I couldn't find a price and I knew you ladies would know. When I saw the first numbers I was all set to tell hubby, who has been after me to get an Apple watch, to sign me up ASAP...then I read on. Such a tease, but it really makes me want one.

I wonder how they decided what stores got them? My mall has an Apple store and an Hermes and neither got anything. I'd be much more likely to buy it if I could see it. But that's just me. Please post pics if anybody gets one.

This is amazing!! I've been actually looking at buying either an Apple watch or Cape Cod!! Does anyone who has an Apple watch had good luck with theirs? Are they built to last?

I wonder if the watch bands can be interchanged!

I'm going to visit my Apple Store and call my H SA tomorrow!! I'm not in an area where they will be available, so I'm hoping they can call one in!

I'm excited!

It looks like it will be available in only a few H stores and a few Apple stores. The store list can be found on the bottom of this page:

http://www.hermes.com/applewatchhermes/en/?c=US

If one of the custom faces was an Arceau moonphase I'd have to get the cuff one, but no such luck. I wish there were more colors to choose from. (Actually, I don't as I prefer my current watches and would hate another justification to consider getting this!)

Thank you! Glad to see there are a few store options in the Los Angeles area:biggrin:

This is amazing!! I've been actually looking at buying either an Apple watch or Cape Cod!! Does anyone who has an Apple watch had good luck with theirs? Are they built to last?

I wonder if the watch bands can be interchanged!

I'm going to visit my Apple Store and call my H SA tomorrow!! I'm not in an area where they will be available, so I'm hoping they can call one in!

I'm excited!

I wondered the same thing about the bands... it would be too easy for them to be the same size as regular H watch bands, wouldn't it?

hate apple watches (or all those smart watches for that matter). want the box though lol.

I'm with you on this one; I have a lovely everyday watch and one for special occasions, both with traditional faces. Do love the box, but I'm also worried about the quality of the bands, won't the mass production deplete quality? Interested to see what people think!

I'm with you on this one; I have a lovely everyday watch and one for special occasions, both with traditional faces. Do love the box, but I'm also worried about the quality of the bands, won't the mass production deplete quality? Interested to see what people think!

http://www.hermes.com/applewatchhermes/en/?c=US

Scroll down and there are some photos where the bands are hand stitched - doesn't look like they will be "mass produced".

I work in IT and I'm no technophobe but I think the Apple watch is - aesthetically - hideous. It is MUCH better with an Hermes designed face and strap but I think it's really interesting that Hermes have collaborated on this at the same time as bringing out their 'slim' watch which is pared down watchmaking simplicity rather than tech for its own sake.

For those who haven't seen the Autumn/Winter Monde d'Hermes Brieuc's blog contains the details
http://brieuc75.fr/soundtracktomylife/2015/09/le-monde-hermes-n67-automne-hiver-2015-2016/
and the picture of its ghostly moon-like face.

I suppose I'm just old fashioned - I want a watch to be a watch!

Reactions: AuthenticChanel
I just bought an H watch. I decided against the Apple watch because the functionality does not really suit my life style. All it gives you is a pedometer function and a watch.

If it could really be a phone and a watch in which you can receive and make calls in and of itself and make the iPhone unnecessary--that would be something I would buy.

Something to keep in mind is the watch face on the Apple watch goes black when not in use, just like an
iPhone or iPad, then you just have a big ugly black screen on your wrist.

IMO, the Apple watch is just another tech gadget, it's not a beautiful watch and it's not the most useful tech accessory. For most apps, you have to have your phone with you as well, the Apple watch is not a stand alone piece of technology, it piggybacks off of the watch.

For me, it would just be cumbersome and redundant tech, and get in the way of my h bracelets!

Reactions: AuthenticChanel
Something to keep in mind is the watch face on the Apple watch goes black when not in use, just like an
iPhone or iPad, then you just have a big ugly black screen on your wrist.

IMO, the Apple watch is just another tech gadget, it's not a beautiful watch and it's not the most useful tech accessory. For most apps, you have to have your phone with you as well, the Apple watch is not a stand alone piece of technology, it piggybacks off of the watch.

For me, it would just be cumbersome and redundant tech, and get in the way of my h bracelets!
Agree with this. I don't like that i still need my phone to run the Watch. However, I was about to get a Apple Watch anyway as what I DO like is that you can leave your phone in your bag, in a drawer, whatever while you play with your kids or focus on other things, and like a Ringly or similar wearable tech, you can set it to get only crucial messages.

As a techie, I also watched the whole Apple presentation and liked some of the possible new applications for the Watch. I just don't think it's as impressive a release as many other previous Apple products. I miss Steve Jobs. (But I can listen to Jony Ive talk for hours......)