Hermes and Seoul

Most likely you will NOT find a Birkin in Seoul Korea. You would be extremerly lucky if you found one. IF they have one, it would be either not a popular size, hard to sell skin or weird combination. But if you are an existing customer with alot of purchasing history there, then it would be a different story.

Hi all

I will be going to Seoul, Korea at the end of this month, does anyone know if it is possible to just walk into an Hermes store and buy a birkin over there?

many thanks!:smile:

Doubtful, especially if you dont speak Korean. But it's worth going to Dosan Park anyway. It's one of 4 flagship H stores around the world and its huge.

i agree, the flagship H store is gorgeous, beautiful architecture and lots of things to see. they had a few crocs on display but all reserved. i agree with the other ladies, don't get your hopes up for a birkin but fingers crossed for you!

I was in Seoul last month. At Lotte DutyFree in Chongro-Gu, I saw 35 blue jean epsom phw birkin. It was around 7,000USD. SA said they get brikins occasionally, and the minute I put it down, a Japanese tourist bought it...
Anyway, Shilla DF sometimes has birkin too, GL!

I was in Seoul last month. At Lotte DutyFree in Chongro-Gu, I saw 35 blue jean epsom phw birkin. It was around 7,000USD. SA said they get brikins occasionally, and the minute I put it down, a Japanese tourist bought it...
Anyway, Shilla DF sometimes has birkin too, GL!
Are you sure it was 35cm BIRKIN? $7000USD sounds like KELLY price BEFORE price increase in Korea. Regular leather Birkin 35cm is OVER $10000 USD(closer to $11000 USD) in Korea after price increase right now. It WAS over $9000USD BEFORE price increase already. My mom and I shop at Hermes in Korea quite often and my mom has very long & good relationship with her store.

I am headed to Seoul and was curious how many H boutiques there were.

And can anyone tell me if they are accessible by subway? And how to get there..

This will be my first time in Seoul and my first time in an H boutique.

Is there an advantage to buying in Seoul over the US? I am thinking jewelry like a clic clac etc..as well as birkins? Just curious.

thanks in advance!

I don't know how to get places by subway:sad:...we just use our car... price in Korea is MUCH significantly higher than in US...For example, my mom bought a jacket in mink at Hermes in Korea for $16500USD vs. it was $10700 in US years ago. Birkin price difference is really significant as well..leather Birkin by at least $1500-$2000USD more, ostrich Birkin by at least $3000-$4000 more, and croc. Birkin by at least $10000USD more in Korea:wtf:.

I don't know how to get places by subway:sad:...we just use our car... price in Korea is MUCH significantly higher than in US...For example, my mom bought a jacket in mink at Hermes in Korea for $16500USD vs. it was $10700 in US years ago. Birkin price difference is really significant as well..leather Birkin by at least $1500-$2000USD more, ostrich Birkin by at least $3000-$4000 more, and croc. Birkin by at least $10000USD more in Korea:wtf:.

Thanks for the response -Wow I didn't realize that there was so much of a price difference on the items you mentioned. I wonder if there will a big price difference for other items as well such as bracelets.

Do you know if there are several H boutiques in Seoul? Which one is the best to go to??

Oh I just pm'd with a question - hope it is ok. Thanks again!

At the regular H Stores in Seoul, it IS more expensive(but foreigners can get tax rebate).
I was at the DutyFree.
The SA told me that the bag was ordered by a Japanese lady. She changed her mind, and he put it out on the shelf and I happened to be there..He told me that it will be gone by the end of today(which it did)...

BTW, H ties at Dutyfree here are more expensive(according to my SA).
DutyFree at Lotte Chong-Ro and Shilla Hotel Seoul DF have great selection.
They are the biggest ones, and easily accesible via taxi or subway.
I recommend taxi since it is not very expensive compared to London or Tokyo or NYC.

Last edited:
BTW, H ties at Dutyfree here are more expensive(according to my SA).
DutyFree at Lotte Chong-Ro and Shilla Hotel Seoul DF have great selection.
They are the biggest ones, and easily accesible via taxi or subway.
I recommend taxi since it is not very expensive compared to London or Tokyo or NYC.

Thanks for the info!

I am going to Seoul, Korea this coming month and I was wondering if anyone can give me any information on the Shilla Duty Free department. I heard the Hermes section is pretty big and if anyone has been there, is it easy to get any bags? I am not looking for birkins, but kelly or other bags such as bombay. How are the stocks? Is it worth the trip? Thanks!