Hermes and Champage...Had a "LaVan" Moment...

SCL

Dec 23, 2005
I channeled LaVan yesterday...went in to my local H boutique for a bit of Christmas shopping...spent some time with my SA discussing our recent travels and started in on leather options...my SA said "Let's go sit in the back" to look at wallets, belts, etc. She thought I really needed a belt... I indicated I was also interested in wallets (she then laughing indicated I really could need a wallet as well and that it might be time for the LV wallet to pass on...) She brought out champage and we proceeded with "research"...

Yum...what a lovely afternoon...looking a belts and wallets and talking about bags... I am going to give a shout out to SCP and say that my SA and others I have worked with lately have all been so pleasant! I had on my typical "uniform"...Joe's Jeans, white J.Crew tee, black cashmere v-neck sweater, and black jacket...carried my black birkin and wore my chain d'ancre bracelet layered with my white marivaux bracelet...

Next...belts...

Can you PM me the name of your SA? I would like to stick to one good one.

Congrats on spending the day. There is something so lovely about leisurely perusing the merchandise over drinks. Very VIP!

So, for the belt try-on...now, you know it it has to be black on one side... Next, what size...I want to wear it with pants that tend to fit high on the hips or below my natural (if I had one) waist...now hardware, definitely PH...

How to choose, the larger size is comfortable but I am in the "shortest" hole...in the next size down I am in the "longest" hole (one hole shows). I ask my SA if it is "too much"...keep in mind I am now carrying my birkin, wearing two H bracelets, and have a black PH H belt on...she is like, it looks amazing (are you crazy implication)... You know, the belt did look fabulous and added just a little something to my outfit... We decided the smaller size was perfect (the H on the larger size "tipped over" just a bit)...I ripped the plastic off the H and indicated it was a "for sure"...we both laughed...

(Fast forward briefly...DH hosted his Christmas party last night...switched from Joe's Jeans to black dress pants and from lightweight jacket worn earlier in the day to black cashmere jacket...the H belt was so perfect with the dress pants... I was thinking about getting something new to wear for the dinner when I was at SCP yesterday and the "new" turned out to be my belt... I am so happy I purchased the smaller size...I had to go one hole shorter with dress pants than I needed with jeans...something to keep in mind for belt shopping...I would not have had this hole option with the larger belt)...

Next, wallets...

Congrats SoCal, a belt will be my next item as well (can't live without one, really NEED one ;)). Thanks for the tip with the jeans/dress pants!

Stacks of wallets and orange boxes on the couch...I sip champagne and we discuss options...

Primary "research" findings... The dogon wallet is almost too casual for me and I am not sure its organization is the best fit for my needs... The bi-fold bearn is lovely, but there are not enough card slots... The tri-fold bearn is very nice and would work...but...not all of my cards are meant to be "seen" if you know what I mean... The azap (I was pretty sure this would be "the one")...well, to be quite particular, it may actually have more card slots than I need but I love how everything is "hidden" and there is room for "stash" inside the wallet...

Additional "research" finding...I love, love, love chevre wallets...all epsom wallets were sent back to the case/drawer...

Now, my choices were simplified...purchase the one chevre azap in stock or search for other colors (I looked at the small bearn in rouge h and havanne chevre in London and loved those colors)... What to do...the SAs (now plural) who know me in the store chorus "color"...

My H transformation continues... Remember that thread question related to how many H items should be worn at one time...well, I am now +1 (the belt) and indicate I will purchase the azap in color (brighton blue...it really did look sweet next to my denim and black uniform)...that is also pretty serious color for me...

(Fast forward...I unwrapped the orange box containing the wallet when I arrived home to show DH one of the gifts he purchased for me for Christmas (LOL). As I put the ribbon back on I said to myself, "Oh, I should have taken a photo before putting the ribbon back on." DH overheard me and said, "No, it is not yours yet. You can take a photo after Christmas.")

Note to self: Still love those small bearn wallets in rouge h and havanne chevre...something to think about...

Next...gifts for others... (Preview...followed by serious bag order conversation...)

Sh*t...see thread title...should read "Moment"...I hate it when I make spelling errors...I have a bit of alcohol-related fatigue associated with the party last night...hence spending my Saturday morning on the couch with my laptop craving salt...