Heritage Bayswater oak or oxblood?

1. Nordstrom Winter Sale Now Until February 24, Save Up To 40% With Free Shipping and Free Returns. SHOP NOW
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dear all, I need your help please! Currently the Heritage Bayswater is on sale. As the NVT version is being discontinued I think about buying one. I am lucky to have an oak tan croc embossed Bayswater. Should I rather go for oxblood in this case or invest in the classic oak NVT leather? What do you think?

2. Hi - I think it depends on which colour will work best with your clothes and shoes? They are both good neutrals but the oxblood has a lovely depth of colour.

3. I recently wrestled with this question myself. In the end I decided to go with the oak Bayswater because it’s just so classic.

I also have the SBS in oak (older NVT) and I just adore that colour.

4. Thank you so much for your feedback!
    @MiniMabel: you`re so right! I should be reasonable and check what works best with the rest of my wardrobe. However since I discovered Mulberry I stopped being reasonable :smile:
    @Lovely.Purse: I always wanted an oxblood coloured bag but it`s true, the oak`s a classic. The shame is I can`t see them IRL - we don`t have a shop in Frankfurt :sad: doesn`t make the decision easier.
    I have to make a decision at one point or the sale will be over *lol*

MiniMabel likes this.
  5. You could order both and and compare/try on in real life?! :smile:

6. I have an oxblood Tessie Tote and an Oak NVT Bayswater. What I would say is do you have any dark bags that you can use for days with bad weather? Or would consider getting a raincover for your bag? I love my oak, but even after spraying several times with collonil along with the cream I find that she (doesn’t feel right saying ‘it’) still isn’t very water resistant and any tiny bit of water will stain her. I know that over time with more collonil use she might be more durable and when she gets a patina and is darker the marks won’t be as obvious.

Sometimes I regret getting the oak because of how delicate she is, but the majority of time I look at her and am so glad that I went for that colour!

My Tessie is small classic grain so isn’t the same leather as NVT, but I have never had a problem with water stains with her.

Either way you’re going to have a beautiful bag!

lovingmybags likes this.
  7. I use my oxblood new Bayswater much more than my oak heritage. I won’t part with the latter but whenever I want to use a brown colourway I use my Damier ebene neverfull.

8. Both oxblood and oak look good in the NVT, although oak does require a little more care. You said that you have another bag in oak, why not go for oxblood for something different? :smile:

9. One thing to bear in mind is that with oxblood vegetable tanned leather the colour can wear away a bit - I had an oxblood SBS and even with only a tiny bit of wear on the corners the colour seemed to go very light... if you get this colour (which is lovely BTW!) it might be worth finding a matching leather cream from Woly, Collinil or similar...

Good luck deciding, and do show us what you get!

lovingmybags likes this.
  10. I wanted to give you a heads up on where I`m at with my purchase. First of all thanks a lot for all your feedback. Didn`t make my decision easier *lol* But I won`t buy the oak or the oxblood. I realised that i don`t feel comfortable paying over 1000€ and not being certain it was the right decision. Instead I`ll keep my eyes open for a preloved one. Or two :smile: