here's a sneak peek of Sofia Coppola's bag for LV

deluxeduck

oui, Louis!
O.G.
May 15, 2006
hmmm... looks like a customized Keepall Bandoulière to me. i've always imagined she would design a collection that would be practical, simple and chic just like her. and by the looks of it, it can even be unisex.

here's an excerpt of the article by the venerable Suzy Menkes:

"Coppola was inspired by a trip to Louis Vuitton's original home in Asnières, on the outskirts of Paris. Working with the special order department, she took up the challenge of designing "the perfect bag that doesn't exist." Coppola wanted a day bag that was "chic, discreet and lightweight and that isn't enormous," adding that "it is hard to find bag without a lot of hardware." She opens the roomy bag (selling in the monogram version at €1,600, or about $2,190), showing how there is an open pocket enabling her to grab her telephone. The evening clutch (€800), with its pochette containing a mirror, is "a thing I wanted for myself."

you can read the entire article here: http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/14/style/fsofia.php?page=1

the collection will be launched on 5 December in Tokyo, then the rest of the world in March 2009.

Attachments

• SC+LV.jpg
    SC+LV.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,457
Last edited:
attachment.php

Thanks for sharing. Deluxeduck

I also like her father who is a great director....

no mention of the launch party, but if you're in Tokyo, better see your fave SA to secure an invite. then post pics when you go :nuts:

I'll be going to Japan for a holiday from mid to late dec and had extended my trip a few days earlier just to see Commes De Gracon's bags. If I were to extend my trip to the 5th, I would be in Tokyo for almost 1 month. A window display is good enough for me. I hope they have a display piece somewhere. :P

Looks like a smaller Keepall... I've always thought that size 40 should be a Keepall not a Speedy...
So this looks like a Keepall 40 right?

I'd like to see more pics...

Thanks for the info :biggrin: