here's a sneak peek of Sofia Coppola's bag for LV

you all have better eyes than me all I see is keepall in leather, I thought she was designing something different not just same bag in different material? I like the sound of the clutch with the mirror though I always forget to put one in my bag so included is perfect lol

Oh, they're not doing anything besides a Monogram version? I'd really like to see more beautiful bags from LV that aren't exactly screaming LV, and hers looks nice from that angle.

Sophia Coppola to join the design ranks at Louis Vuitton

Things just keep getting more fashion-y for Sophia Coppola. In addition to directing the new Miss Dior Chérie television commercial, and featuring in Louis Vuitton's core values campaign, she will also join the design team at Vuitton for a special project.

The director has been tapped to design a range of handbags and shoes, according to those in-the-know. Little else is known about the collaboration at this stage, except that the products will be sold worldwide after being launched in Japan.

Sophia and her famous father Francis Ford Coppola, recently starred in LV's 'core values' ad campaign, which was photographed by Annie Leibovitz. What's next? Designing alongside Marc Jacobs for LV's mainline?

I am surprised- she is a movie producer why does she get to design for them-Just becasue they were in an advertisment??? What an exciting offer for her!

I am surprised- she is a movie producer why does she get to design for them-Just becasue they were in an advertisment??? What an exciting offer for her!

Sofia worked for Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel long before she became a film director. she also had a clothing label called Milkfed in Japan. so i wouldn't think she's totally clueless with fashion design. besides, she's always been considered Marc's muse. and she's notoriously chic and stylish. so why not?

you all have better eyes than me all I see is keepall in leather, I thought she was designing something different not just same bag in different material? I like the sound of the clutch with the mirror though I always forget to put one in my bag so included is perfect lol

looks to me like a Keepall Bandouliere 40 but with the zipper going halfway down the sides like the Stephen. seems very practical and timeless. not just some novelty statement bag :tup:

OMG GORGEOUSNESS!!!! Thank you so much for posting DD! I LOVEEE ittt! Most Definitely cannot wait for this. I also want that leather version, if it doesn't make it into production then I will have to wait a year to ask about a SO. It's a permanent piece right?

Sofia worked for Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel long before she became a film director. she also had a clothing label called Milkfed in Japan. so i wouldn't think she's totally clueless with fashion design. besides, she's always been considered Marc's muse. and she's notoriously chic and stylish. so why not?

That makes much more sense then- I just could not see the connection. Thanks!