Here's a little story I wrote . . .

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
"Dance with me," he said, holding out his hand.

"What?" Her green eyes narrowed, and she looked at him questioningly. "It’s Wednesday night and I’m in my sweats," she said, indicating her black velour Juicy Couture sweat suit.

"And I’m dressed any better?" he asked, indicating his black plaid Joe Boxer pajama bottoms and Providence College t-shirt.

"You don’t like dancing with me even when we’re at the club or at parties," she pointed out.

He countered with, "Yes, but I don’t dance to ‘thumpa thumpa’ music. You dance, and I just stand there."

"You don’t JUST stand there," she said. "You move a little and you nod your head to the beat." Not really wanting to get up, she tried one more tactic. "But," she half whined, "Sex and the City is starting."

“It’s a rerun,” switching the TV off. "Come on."

Looking at him like he was nuts, she grudgingly stood up and took his hand. They walked into the center of the living room. He pressed a button on a remote and put his arms around her.

Suddenly, the opening bars to ‘Witchcraft’ by Frank Sinatra crept out of the speakers. They moved in time to the music.

A small smile played on her lips.

"This is nice," she said, as they fell into the 'slow, slow, quick – quick slow' footwork. "It’s definitely a change from 'Get Me Off by Basement Jaxx.'"

Those fingers in my hair, that sly ‘come hither’ stare
That strips my conscience bare, it’s witchcraft
And I’ve got no defense for it; the heat is too intense for it
What good would common sense for it do?

Cause it’s witchcraft, wicked witchcraft
And although I know it’s strictly taboo
When you arouse the need in me, my heart says, ‘yes, indeed’ in me
Proceed with what you’re leading me to

It’s such an ancient pitch, but one I wouldn’t switch
Cause there’s no nicer witch than you

Lauging, he said, "Yeah, it certainly is." Then, "You’re pretty good at that."

"Cotillion," she said. "You’re not so bad yourself."

"Ballroom dancing lessons when I was younger," he said, twirling her.

Cause its witchcraft, that crazy witchcraft
And although I know it’s strictly taboo
When you arouse the need in me, my heart says, ‘yes, indeed’ in me
Proceed with what you’re leading me to

It’s such an ancient pitch, but one I wouldn’t switch
Cause there’s no nicer witch than you

As the song ended, he dipped her.

"Thank you," she said, after he let her up. "You do realize, of course, that this means you’re required to dance with me at weddings?"

"Dammit, I didn’t realize that!"

Laughing and kissing him, she walks over to the CD player and changes CDs. When she walks back towards him, she picks up the remote from the coffee table and points it at the CD player. Sky by Sonique filled speakers.

"Now," she said, grinning and grabbing his hips, "Dance with ME!"