Here I go again, clemence questions

muchstuff

Incorrigible Bagaholic
Authenticator
Jun 6, 2014
Back story is that I've purchased two Marwari bags, a GM and PM. I'm having second thoughts about selling the GM, can someone tell me how much the clemence leather softens? It's bag from 2008 but I have no idea how much it was carried. If it softens up I think it would be fine, as it is it feels a tad bulky on me. @Rouge H , anyone else? TIA!

ETA: Just how stiff is this leather when new? Maybe it's already as soft as it'll get?

fullsizeoutput_119d.jpeg

I have a canvas Marwari GM and love it. Have wondered about one in Clemence and thought I might like PM better. Your bag is beautiful and looks pretty soft to me now. The nice thing about a preowned bag is that you can try it all you like before deciding to sell it.
Hoping Rouge H will chime in here.

I have a canvas Marwari GM and love it. Have wondered about one in Clemence and thought I might like PM better. Your bag is beautiful and looks pretty soft to me now. The nice thing about a preowned bag is that you can try it all you like before deciding to sell it.
Hoping Rouge H will chime in here.
Here's a pic of the two sizes together, I wish there was an in between size. I love the PM but also have a thing for big bags :lol: .

fullsizeoutput_11cb.jpeg

Reactions: golconda
Howdy Muchstuff....❤
I see your Marwari’s side by side and love them...as far as softening up they look to be the same condition as mine. I don‘t think
that they will get to much softer.

Reactions: golconda
Howdy Muchstuff....❤
I see your Marwari’s side by side and love them...as far as softening up they look to be the same condition as mine. I don‘t think
that they will get to much softer.
Ah thank you yet again for your advice :hugs:. Truly conficted on what to do with the GM:panic:

I like your bags just the way they are. Clemence does soften over time, my 35 birkin is pretty slouchy, and I like it that way. But clemence is heavy and thick, that's the only drawback.

You read a lot. What's your favorite genre?

Reactions: keodi
I like your bags just the way they are. Clemence does soften over time, my 35 birkin is pretty slouchy, and I like it that way. But clemence is heavy and thick, that's the only drawback.

You read a lot. What's your favorite genre?
Oh yeah the bags look fine as is, I was just hoping for a little more smoosh factor to make the GM appear smaller.
I read all sorts of stuff. Historical fiction, fantasy, some classics, lots of female authors, some thrillers. I tend to read everything written by authors I like. A few non-fiction. Life is real enough, my reading is pure escapism :lol: .

Reactions: smallfry