Herbag - which version?

Hope you get your bag dagnypup. But I wouldn't be worrying about the color if I were you. The herbag itself I'd already so hard to find in the stores that if you really wanted one, you'd be grabbing the first one you find, no matter the color. That's what happened to me!

I have a 2 in 1 shoulder version and it is very easy to get in and out of. All you need to do is to close the round metal part. That's it. No need to close the straps.
I like the shoulder length too, so much so that I asked for longer strap on my Special order Kelly.
Go for the shoulder one:smile:

Thank you all very much for your great advice and recommendations!

I just made my purchase and now have to wait the agonizing days until it is in my greedy little hands! :graucho:

I decided on the PM shoulder strap version and not the backpack because I don't think I would like the backpack very well. I will be getting an envirosack for my trip (or even a couple of them!) and use these to carry things in.

As for color, I really like navy and once saw a navy with the vibrato (?) multicolored leather --- it made me swoon! However, since I want a bag that can be used for many seasons, I decided not to hold out for a navy bag because I don't use navy as my base neutral in autumn or winter. (Besides, I have that delicious navy Dalvy and I don't need another navy bag to upstage her, no matter HOW much I swoon.:P)

So, I decided upon the dark brown leather (it might be ebene, but I don't know since this is an old bag). I decided on this color instead of the black one because I really like the look of the dark brown leather with black canvas (which I will NOT be getting) and I also really like the look of the dark brown leather with the cream canvas (which I WILL be getting). The black/black and black/cream combo looks good, but I don't think it will really go with my summer wardrobe as well as the dark brown would.

There are two problems with this bag, however, but this did not sway me from the purchase. I hope I did not make a mistake! First, there is no lock/clochette. I hope this is not a big deal in terms of using the bag. I never planned on locking it in the first place, but in a pinch I could use my silver H lock or even my gold Kelly watch! The other problem is that there is no black canvas, as the second canvas is brown. I am undecided if I will like a brown canvas bag. I am hoping that I will find an auction on a black canvas. If not, then maybe I will go ahead and purchase another Herbag in black leather/black canvas. Is it stupid to have two? Or maybe I WILL find another navy...and Ms. Dalvy will just have to deal with it!! hahahaha.

Out of curiosity, do you think the dark brown canvas might be able to be dyed black? I have dyed plenty of fabric and clothing with Procion Dye -- but is this just canvas or is it a plasticized canvas? I read somewhere that it was "waterproof" but I don't know if this was just some sort of topical treatment (like a spray) or if it was some type of plastic coating on the canvas.

Cheers,
Dagny

Thank you all very much for your great advice and recommendations!

I just made my purchase and now have to wait the agonizing days until it is in my greedy little hands! :graucho:

I decided on the PM shoulder strap version and not the backpack because I don't think I would like the backpack very well. I will be getting an envirosack for my trip (or even a couple of them!) and use these to carry things in.

As for color, I really like navy and once saw a navy with the vibrato (?) multicolored leather --- it made me swoon! However, since I want a bag that can be used for many seasons, I decided not to hold out for a navy bag because I don't use navy as my base neutral in autumn or winter. (Besides, I have that delicious navy Dalvy and I don't need another navy bag to upstage her, no matter HOW much I swoon.:P)

So, I decided upon the dark brown leather (it might be ebene, but I don't know since this is an old bag). I decided on this color instead of the black one because I really like the look of the dark brown leather with black canvas (which I will NOT be getting) and I also really like the look of the dark brown leather with the cream canvas (which I WILL be getting). The black/black and black/cream combo looks good, but I don't think it will really go with my summer wardrobe as well as the dark brown would.

There are two problems with this bag, however, but this did not sway me from the purchase. I hope I did not make a mistake! First, there is no lock/clochette. I hope this is not a big deal in terms of using the bag. I never planned on locking it in the first place, but in a pinch I could use my silver H lock or even my gold Kelly watch! The other problem is that there is no black canvas, as the second canvas is brown. I am undecided if I will like a brown canvas bag. I am hoping that I will find an auction on a black canvas. If not, then maybe I will go ahead and purchase another Herbag in black leather/black canvas. Is it stupid to have two? Or maybe I WILL find another navy...and Ms. Dalvy will just have to deal with it!! hahahaha.

Out of curiosity, do you think the dark brown canvas might be able to be dyed black? I have dyed plenty of fabric and clothing with Procion Dye -- but is this just canvas or is it a plasticized canvas? I read somewhere that it was "waterproof" but I don't know if this was just some sort of topical treatment (like a spray) or if it was some type of plastic coating on the canvas.

Cheers,
Dagny

how are you getting on with your herbag purchase? I use mine all the time now actually = possibly the most useful bag I ever bought. I am thinking of getting an insert for it to keep things more organized... anyone uses this? http://www.chameleoninserts.com/id13.html

how are you getting on with your herbag purchase? I use mine all the time now actually = possibly the most useful bag I ever bought. I am thinking of getting an insert for it to keep things more organized... anyone uses this? http://www.chameleoninserts.com/id13.html

LadySarah -- Hello! I really like the herbag! The leather is amazing and I, too, find it useful. As of yet, I have not gotten an insert -- but that is primarily because I have been using my small wristlet/clutch in the bag along with a book or journal or whatever I am carrying at the time. But soon I would like to get one (or perhaps even make one?).

What variation of the Herbag did you get?

Cheers,
Dagny

this is the one I got - the canvas strap is my own addition as I prefer it to the leather it came with. I think it makes it a little more edgy and casual...any more info on inserts?

Attachments

• herbag with strap.jpg
    herbag with strap.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 519
Hope you get your bag dagnypup. But I wouldn't be worrying about the color if I were you. The herbag itself I'd already so hard to find in the stores that if you really wanted one, you'd be grabbing the first one you find, no matter the color. That's what happened to me!

I agree with you. I waited for over two years for a Herbag to even show up at my store! It was cassis, and although I LOVE purple, I didn't know if I needed a 6th purple bag, KWIM? I came to my senses and grabbed it anyway, and thank goodness I did! I LOVE it. I'd love to get another one in cream/beige-y toile but I'm not holding my breath! :P

this is the one I got - the canvas strap is my own addition as I prefer it to the leather it came with. I think it makes it a little more edgy and casual...any more info on inserts?

Just got an insert and I am not sure if I like it with the Herbag. I have never used an insert before, so this may be the problem -- I just keep thinking that i have to fill all the little pockets on the insert! Normally I just carry my clutch/wallet, keys, phone, and maybe a lipgloss....probably don't really need an insert for these things? Hmm..I wonder if there is a tutorial on how to properly use a bag insert/organizer? kidding. :graucho:

The one I got is KwikiInsert in the size medium. It fits well.

How about you? Any insert usage yet? (and, I am still loving my Herbags this summer! I use it despite having several other H bags. It is just such a great bag!)

Cheers,
Dagny

I agree with you. I waited for over two years for a Herbag to even show up at my store! It was cassis, and although I LOVE purple, I didn't know if I needed a 6th purple bag, KWIM? I came to my senses and grabbed it anyway, and thank goodness I did! I LOVE it. I'd love to get another one in cream/beige-y toile but I'm not holding my breath! :P

I am so glad you got (and love!) your Herbag!

I am still really liking mine. Are you using an organizer/insert in yours? I just got a Kwiki Insert in size medium and it fits well, but I am undecided if I like using it or not.

My local store in pavilion kuala lumpur seem to be getting very regular stocks of herbag zip lately, in all sizes & colours! Just yesterday there were 2 pm sizes - 1 in rubis & there other one is a lovely new colour called blue tampede (didn't know if i spelt it correctly) Too bad i forget to take pics.
Yes, herbags are not practical getting in & out but they're very chic canvas kellys arent they? ;)
Congrats on yours!!

My local store in pavilion kuala lumpur seem to be getting very regular stocks of herbag zip lately, in all sizes & colours! Just yesterday there were 2 pm sizes - 1 in rubis & there other one is a lovely new colour called blue tampede (didn't know if i spelt it correctly) Too bad i forget to take pics.
Yes, herbags are not practical getting in & out but they're very chic canvas kellys arent they? ;)
Congrats on yours!!

yes they are!
I think another poster referred to them as "Kelly Country" and I think this is a great description of them. I have 3 of them now (!!) and it is my preferred bag of choice this summer. I have the older ones with the exrtra bag -- so it is like getting 2 bags in one. :graucho:

I really like the look of the new ones, but I am not sure how well I would do with a "pop of color" kind of bag. I have tried different colors in less expensive bags (as an experiment) and I NEVER reach for them....but maybe that is because I keep reaching for my H bags?? :P

Cheers,
Dagny

CookyMonster said:
Congrats on yours!!

Bleu tempete! Gorgeous new blue! I love the herbag, such a casual, classy bag and as above poster mentioned perfect for summer!

Hi! This is my first posting on this site! I've been reading a lot of threads so far and just joined recently. I love Hermes products and am excited to have found y'all. I am looking for a Herbag too, even though I'm a 'him', lol. I want an Hermes backpack and there just aren't many options out there for me...at least ones that will carry 8.5x11 documents, books, and/or a laptop. Thanks for all of your comments - they are very helpful!

Hi! This is my first posting on this site! I've been reading a lot of threads so far and just joined recently. I love Hermes products and am excited to have found y'all. I am looking for a Herbag too, even though I'm a 'him', lol. I want an Hermes backpack and there just aren't many options out there for me...at least ones that will carry 8.5x11 documents, books, and/or a laptop. Thanks for all of your comments - they are very helpful!

Hello -- sorry I didn't see this until just now.

Did you ever get your Herbag? I ask because there is a larger size that may work for you (the MM) to carry your documents, computer, etc in.

Hello -- sorry I didn't see this until just now.

Did you ever get your Herbag? I ask because there is a larger size that may work for you (the MM) to carry your documents, computer, etc in.

Hi! No, I haven't gotten one yet! The MM sounds perfect!!! Is that what you have?