Herbag, which color should I choose?

Caffeine

O.G.
Dec 2, 2006
Hi Hermes lovers,
I know that I'm late in this game, but I just realized that a herbag does not cost an arm and a leg (silly me!:shame: ) and it's being discontinued.
I called a couple of stores, and so far I've heard of the following color combinations available and wonder which one will suit me better:
About me: I wear a lot of black, brown, red, and burgundy.Having an office job and I prefer being understated when it comes to fashion.

About the bag colors: I heard of a
creme/black combo,
Brown/brown vibrato
brown/orange vibrato

I personally love the vibrato leather, and I am currently leaning towards the brown/orange combo. But I'm wondering if the color goes well with my wardrobe. creme/black is more versatile color wise, but I really want to get a bag that is made of LEATHER...
So any suggestions ladies?

Thank you very much!:heart:

where is the cream/black combo (if you decide you don't want it)? Are they still charging full price or a sale price? My privately owned boutique had the vibratto for about $2700 or more a month or so ago.

Thank you ladies!
Lizhanover, I actually don't know where it was. I called the store in Houston (which was totally random. I guess I called that store because I just visited Houston last month for a business trip--not even the boutique!) A very friendly French lady picked up the phone, and she told me that she had a brown/vibratto and she had a cream/black. She offered to get one for me from a different store, which would take a week or two.

She was really nice. I called the Boston store first, and the only response I got was a cold voice from a guy who told me that they didn't have any and he refused to locate one for me. I asked, "so should I just call other boutiques one by one?" and he went, "yes." then hung up. It was RUDE.
So if you want one, call the store in Houston.

Hope it helps!

I think that they are full price... Why did you think that they would be on sale? And it cost about $2,700? Then Bluefly sounds like a sweet deal assuming it's the real deal......

They were on sale per Pierre in Manhattan store at the last sale. My local boutique has wierd prices sometimes - they are private but I remember being surprised. Maybe she said $2400. The bluefly one is reasonably priced - I just looked and its pretty - just realize they can not repair vibratto but then in NY they won't repair the toile/canvas one either as far as I was told.

^^^^^Well, that narrows your choice down to the vibratos.:P

I guess so :P

Well, the leather top's color looks really yummy to me and I guess that's why I liked it so much.

I actually looked at the orange tone bag in the Boston boutique about 2 years ago if not even longer than that. It took my breath away. I was practically broke graduated from grad. school so I just looked at it again and again.

hermesgroupie, you are in NYC right? I just moved to the city from Boston not long ago. I also just discovered this forum (I'm on tFS all the time). I spent my entire morning reading threads regarding the herbag on this forum, and I found it highly organized and informative. Thank you everybody for the great job putting so much information together. It's a great place to learn and share the joy :heart:

They were on sale per Pierre in Manhattan store at the last sale. My local boutique has wierd prices sometimes - they are private but I remember being surprised. Maybe she said $2400. The bluefly one is reasonably priced - I just looked and its pretty - just realize they can not repair vibratto but then in NY they won't repair the toile/canvas one either as far as I was told.

Were they on sale in the public sale or the sale only available to VIPs? (I'm no VIP, just a starter :shame: ).

Why can't they repair Vibratto? When I read through all threads regarding the Herbag, someone said that they did and she suspected that the specific SA was probably not in a good mood. No?:sad:

Sorry but one more question Liz. What was the on sale price for the Vibratto?

That was me - I said Pierre might have been in a bad mood when he told me they wouldn't repair the LEATHER on the herbag - the top part - but Eric in Malaysia got his repaired - the vibrato they definately can not repair so far as I know

That was me - I said Pierre might have been in a bad mood when he told me they wouldn't repair the LEATHER on the herbag - the top part - but Eric in Malaysia got his repaired - the vibrato they definately can not repair so far as I know

It does make me worry a little. Somebody on tFS said that somebody's vibratto got split b/w the leather pieces. My SA at Hermes assured me that it wouldn't happen but it still makes me worry. It's my first Hermes bag so I guess that you could understand why I'm so nervous......