Herbag or K32?

Update!

So we managed to find a K32 in gold epsom sellier, ghw. And i have a few questions.

It's a Z circle stamp, but i'm not sure what it means?

But we found the 32 a tad small! Can't fit even an A4 file inside! And since this was meant to be a work bag, it could be an issue. It was suggested to us that the K be used to keep personal items, and use a different bag for her documents and stuff.

I know that's more of a personal choice, but is that viable? Or would getting the Herbag be better?

HPoirot said:
Update!

So we managed to find a K32 in gold epsom sellier, ghw. And i have a few questions.

But we found the 32 a tad small! Can't fit even an A4 file inside! And since this was meant to be a work bag, it could be an issue. It was suggested to us that the K be used to keep personal items, and use a different bag for her documents and stuff.

I know that's more of a personal choice, but is that viable? Or would getting the Herbag be better?

Assuming the herbag u are considering is a 31cm, it still wouldn't fit her a4 documents. She has to decide what this bag is really functioning for and if it's her work bag I wouldn't recommend a sellier and in Epsom - corners wear out easily and Epsom is harder to refurbish - I wouldn't use it for work!

Either try again in larger size - 35cm, or consider a garden party perhaps?

A Z stamp means the bag was produced in 1996. The 32 would be small for work purposes hence my earlier suggestion of a 35 in a durable leather such as togo or fjord. Clemence is nice as well just can slouch a little sooner than togo. Fjord is pretty hardy. I would suggest trying again and finding her the perfect Kelly :smile: Good luck!

HPoirot said:
Update!

Suggest you look at the K35 or Herbag GM.. i borrowed the GM from a cousin once, and it was quite big and fit A LOT of stuff including my 13" macbook, but also got heavy.

Suggest you look at the K35 or Herbag GM.. i borrowed the GM from a cousin once, and it was quite big and fit A LOT of stuff including my 13" macbook, but also got heavy.

I would not recommend a Kelly for a work bag ESP if you will put heavy items in it, could be damaged! I have a K 35 and would never think of putting a heavy computer it it, maybe an IPad ;)

I have had two sizes of herbags and a Kelly 32 and I wouldn't recommend any of them for a work bag when what it sounds like is you need it to perform tote-like functions.

The Herbag GM is huge and the shoulder strap is uncomfortable if the bag is loaded with heavy things or a lot of things. The canvas will also sag a bit with heavy loads and it makes it look a bit frumpy then. But an insert would remedy this and you could just carry the bag in the hand and reserve the shoulder strap for light days or emergencies. So, just keep this in mind. If you are seriously considering the Herbag, then look for the older 2- in 1 bags because you get more for the money. :smile:.

As you have noticed, the 32k is too small and the smaller Herbag would also be too small for the purpose you mentioned for the bag.

So I'd suggest something that is either a tote bag ( Birkin, HAC, gp, double send, etc) or a duffle bag (lindy), or a messenger bag (Evelyne).

To be honest, I'd get a canvas gp in mm size to tote work things with and then get the Kelly or some other leather bag just to carry and enjoy no matter what the function.

The other suggestion I would have is to look at the 32 HAC as a work bag because it is a bit taller than the other Birkins and can also look purse like and less "tote" if you know what I mean. I have one in boxcalf and love it. I don't use it for work but carry it when I need to carry more items than my 32k but want to look professional and not casual (like the canvas gp or other bags). The box calf is stunning and lightweight but I don't know what your workplace is or your lifestyle, so keep these into considerations.
Best of luck to you!

Great advice everyone!

We're decided to proceed with K32, and get another workbag for her. Most likely a longchamp she can abuse.

We pretty much ruled out everything else. GP not suitable for events, ditto the Evelyne. Birkins are too heavy and can't shoulder sling, Lindy's a little casual, and hers is in Orange. And herbag, well, if it's gonna be similar in function to the K then might as well spend more and get the K, which we did.

Thanks everyone! Wait for pics!