Herbag or K32?

HPoirot

Jan 26, 2012
I need help, ladies!

I'm planning to get another bag for my girlfriend, and this will be a work bag, but i have trouble deciding between the two.

It's either a cassis Herbag or gold epsom K32.

Are there any differences between the two bags, functionally?

Can owners chime in about using a bag like this daily for work? She tends to bring a lot of stuff, so would epsom be a good choice of leather?

If it helps, she already has an Orange Lindy 30 which she brings daily now. But it's a little small and her work requires she go for events every now and then, so orange doesn't seem very appropriate.

Her other two bags are a Celine Phantom and B30. But they're too heavy, and not being able to sling it means she can't carry it to work.

cr1stalangel

Dec 29, 2011
No question, the Kelly 32. Epsom is a lighter leather to start with, and size 32 is still good for a more formal events. Can't go wrong with the Gold colour. :smile:

nycmarilyn

O.G.
Sep 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I need help, ladies!

I'm planning to get another bag for my girlfriend, and this will be a work bag, but i have trouble deciding between the two.

Can owners chime in about using a bag like this daily for work? She tends to bring a lot of stuff, so would epsom be a good choice of leather?

If it helps, she already has an Orange Lindy 30 which she brings daily now. But it's a little small and her work requires she go for events every now and then, so orange doesn't seem very appropriate.

Her other two bags are a Celine Phantom and B30. But they're too heavy, and not being able to sling it means she can't carry it to work.
Definitely K32!

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
Kelly for ever to me in 32/35/40cm the kelly is the only perfect hand bag/purse/briefcase that works on a woman its versatility knows no limits hope it helps darling !!!!

HPoirot

Jan 26, 2012
Holy unanimous advice, batman!

Are you gals in cohorts with my gf? K32 costs ~4X the Herbag!

Now, wish me luck in finding a Gold K32!

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
Holy unanimous advice, batman!

Are you gals in cohorts with my gf? K32 costs ~4X the Herbag!

Now, wish me luck in finding a Gold K32!
Darling you are sooo nice but i think even you knew how this would go ! KELLY !!. best and hope you find it/order it soon !

GenieBottle26

"Odi et Amo"
Sep 18, 2011
The Beach!!
I need help, ladies!

Definitely a Kelly!! A bag that can be elegant, casual, or all business! Perfect choice. But, if she carries a lot of stuff would the K35 be a better choice? Also, leather choice depends on how she would want the bag to look...if she's carrying a good bit of stuff she may want a stiffer leather like Fjord or maybe Togo? Good luck finding her the perfect bag!!

HPoirot

Jan 26, 2012
Practically speaking, a K35 would make more sense, but she has a small stature, and that's why her B and L are both 30 instead of 35 and 34 respectively.

Is the 3cm difference significant in storage space?

And why no love for the Herbag? Or is the Kelly the much better choice in this situation?

And come to think of it, i guess i really shouldn't have expected a different response. haha

I bet i'll get a difference response if i posted this question on a watch forum though. (my hobby)

Chrisy

O.G.
Jun 7, 2009
Just want to add that every girl wants a kelly. If you get her the herbag now, the kelly will remains on her wishlist. It's better to get it sooner than later. H goes up in price every year.

L.Vuitton.Freak

Jason W
Aug 27, 2011
Perth, Western Australia
Although I don't have either, I would definitely say the Kelly. This is because, I have tried on both the Kelly and Herbag, and trust me, the Kelly is a lot more easier to use, like opening it and close it. The Herbag, requires a lot of practice to 'perfect' opening and closing the bag, without look like a total lunatic. The Epsom is a great leather choice and 32 is a great size for her!! If she is tall, maybe a 35 would be more likely to suit her and plus she can put in a 11' Macbook Air in it or MBP Retina 15' and everything in between. IF she is going to use it for some events, then a Sellier would be more suited as it looks more formal. The Rectourne on the other hand gives the Kelly a more casual look. Epsom mind you, from memory does not fair well in the rain, so if you are living in a location where it is prone to wet weather then I might suggest another leather such as Togo, Clemence or Fjord. Although heavier, the leathers that I have suggested, does fair better in wet weather. If she is going to carry a lot of things, you must warn her about the turn lock and not using the straps to strap up the bag when putting in a lot of stuff as the spindle might bend or even worse snap off if she puts a lot of stuff in the bag and does not strap up the bag properly... Other tPFers can correct me if I am wrong, but yeah, best of luck and you are one great bf!

thyme

Jun 17, 2011
kelly is timeless, gold in epsom is very elegant but can still be casual at the same time. epsom is fine with rain..herbag is a very difficult bag to get in and out imho..my SA took awhile opening the herbag to show me what it looks like inside!! by the time she manages to open the bag, i have lost interest!