Herbag-Keep or Go

Kitsune711

Apr 18, 2017
Hello everyone!

I'm debating with myself. I've had my Herbag zip in Bleu Electrique and Navy for almost two years now. I like it but I'm not loving it as much as I used to and because of that reason, I don't use it much. I was so excited when I bought it and I brought it everywhere with me but then I began to notice some glaring issues with the bag...
-Cumbersome to open and close.
-Canvas picks up fluff from my clothes
-Shape is awkward to some degree
-Too big for what I need
-I have a Gucci Zumi now which is relatively the same size

I kind of want to get rid of it and make back some of the money I put into it but then it was also my first bag I ever owned and the story that goes with it is super sentimental. I've been lucky to be able to afford other luxury bags like Gucci and Mulberry so I'm not hurting but it's also Hermès and to be frank, I can't afford anything more than a Herbag from Hermès as far as budget is concerned u(I start saving). I like it but probably because of the "status" concept of owning an Hermès bag (when you came from nothing to something it means a lot). My mom says I shouldn't get rid of it because I'll regret it and it was something I "had to have". Also too, what would I do with my Rodeo if I got rid of the bag ? It's still in really good condition.

What do you all think? Anyone else feel this way about a bag?

Reactions: charlottebag
Have you researched the individual seller resale value? I predict you may take a large loss by selling it so if you do still enjoy the bag and use it from time to time, it may be worth keeping, especially with the sentimental value. Good luck deciding!

Hello everyone!

I'm debating with myself. I've had my Herbag zip in Bleu Electrique and Navy for almost two years now. I like it but I'm not loving it as much as I used to and because of that reason, I don't use it much. I was so excited when I bought it and I brought it everywhere with me but then I began to notice some glaring issues with the bag...
-Too big for what I need

I kind of want to get rid of it and make back some of the money I put into it but then it was also my first bag I ever owned and the story that goes with it is super sentimental. I've been lucky to be able to afford other luxury bags like Gucci and Mulberry so I'm not hurting but it's also Hermès and to be frank, I can't afford anything more than a Herbag from Hermès as far as budget is concerned u(I start saving). I like it but probably because of the "status" concept of owning an Hermès bag (when you came from nothing to something it means a lot). My mom says I shouldn't get rid of it because I'll regret it and it was something I "had to have". Also too, what would I do with my Rodeo if I got rid of the bag ? It's still in really good condition.

when in doubt-keep!

Reactions: PJW5813
I personally disliked my Herbag for the same reasons you listed so let go of mine years ago. I did lose about 20-30% of what I paid for and I used it only a handful of times.
I have no regrets and it was nice to put the money into something more practical to use. If you aren't afraid of taking a loss - I'd say go for it and get something else that you will love using.

Sell it and put the money into something else that really suits you. One day when your budget allows you can always re-enter the world of Hermes. I too have a Herbag in my collection and I have not used it for probably a decade because it is not practical (but I am not looking to sell it).

Reactions: CMilly
yes, me.

For exactly the same reasons.

It became a little bit better once I changed the position of the straps, but still:
hard to get into
too slouchy
and so on.

Next step for me would be to insert aa bag organziser which would reduce the slouchiness to a certain degree.

Selling the herbag might bring you losses, as those aren't that as sought after. Over here, you can get pretty new Herbags for half the price of a new one. So I'd think twice.

Reactions: papertiger
Hello everyone!

-Too big for what I need

Wait 'till Summer and wear it and then see how it feels.

Zumi top-handle is totally different

You can wear your Rodeo on anything.

Reactions: monap_1981