Her eye wouldn't open! HELP!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My 7 month old kitten Bella usually has watery eyes lately. She also gets that dried up crap in her eyes & i always clean them but today she was napping & i kinda woke her but then i noticed she couldn't open her right eye. It was tightly shut while the other eye was wide open. After i tried to get her up to see more & it slowly opened but not all the way. Now a few hour have passed & its looking more normal but i'm still very worried. Has this ever happend to anyone? I think earlier to that, i had cleaned the crust from her eyes & now i'm scared if i poked her?! I have 2 other kittens but i have never seen them be violent towards each to each other & they were sleeping at the time so i don't think they scratched her. Also, while she napped about an hour later, i was looking at her and that eye seemed to be shut very tight again but not the other one!

I think i'm going to take her to the vet tomorrow.

Edit: she just walked in the room & her eye looks normal now but i'm still worried!

2. Get her to the vet soon in case it's infected - I hope she recovers quickly.

3. She seems ok now! I'm just happy to see both big beautiful eyes but i'm still worried & will take her!

4. Yeh it might be a good idea so they can figure out why her eyes are watery - maybe something is irritating them?

5. Any time there is something wrong with a pet's eye, you need to get them into the vet ASAP. When I worked as a vet tech, these kinds of things were given priority. It may be something as simple as she had something in her eye, but it could be something more serious like a scratched cornea. Better safe than sorry.

6. I had that happen to one of mine when he had a terrible cold. His eye got stuck together. Maybe she's got a viral infection that has settled in her eye. I'd get to the vet asap! Hope she's ok! hugs.

7. I would definitely get her to the vet. Hopefully some ointment will clear that right up. If ever her eye is stuck shut you can grab a washcloth and wet it with some warm water. Very gently wipe her eye. One of my cats had an eye infection. It cleared in about 3 days with some eye ointment.