Henry Leather Goods

Rstar: thanks for the link and the 'reminder'. I had heard about this venture of Peter Dooneys, but forgot about it. I love the style of the handbags and the descriptions of the leather and the quality. It reminds me very much of the Alto line.... very elegant and understated, top quality leather and manufacturing.
I may have to start a wish list! :}

Did you see the Mini Drawstring? It's an accessory, not a handbag. Made to be used inside
another bag. Adorable and very, very, very affordable. Might be an interesting way to
to try this line.

Did you see the Mini Drawstring? It's an accessory, not a handbag. Made to be used inside
another bag. Adorable and very, very, very affordable. Might be an interesting way to
to try this line.
I want the small drawstring sooo badly, it's my next purchase and it's do affordable just to see how their leather is comparable to a regular dooney pebbled leather. I'm going to buy it soon. I'll keep you posted.

I don't know the etiquette on this forum, whether you guys prefer to see an old thread bumped or a new thread, but....

Just bumped into the Henry's line. Man, are those some beautiful bags. They kind of have the vibe of some of the non-quota Hermes bags. I'm on a bag fast for 2023, and I can control myself at that price, but I'm planning to have a nice sum for an early 2024 budget.

So I thought I'd ask if anyone from here has experience with Henry's.

I don't know the etiquette on this forum, whether you guys prefer to see an old thread bumped or a new thread, but....

Just bumped into the Henry's line. Man, are those some beautiful bags. They kind of have the vibe of some of the non-quota Hermes bags. I'm on a bag fast for 2023, and I can control myself at that price, but I'm planning to have a nice sum for an early 2024 budget.

So I thought I'd ask if anyone from here has experience with Henry's.
Veronica: a new thread is fine. I don't own any Henry's bags, but I have drooled over them on the website. I never see them on sale, unfortunately. Save your pennies and buy the bag of your dreams. It's better to have a true treasure rather than several bags that don't satisfy you. I think that Dooney bags, in general, are underrated and the
quality, especially of the higher end bags is excellent. I can't wait to see what you choose. Please share with us when the time comes.

Veronica: a new thread is fine. I don't own any Henry's bags, but I have drooled over them on the website. I never see them on sale, unfortunately. Save your pennies and buy the bag of your dreams. It's better to have a true treasure rather than several bags that don't satisfy you. I think that Dooney bags, in general, are underrated and the
quality, especially of the higher end bags is excellent. I can't wait to see what you choose. Please share with us when the time comes.
The Henry's are included in the current sale. Hopefully they'll be included in a sale next January as well!

I agree that it's worth holding out for the right bag. In the past year I bought too many okayish bags on Poshmark for under $50. That process was helpful in a way, because I've been exploring what fits my current stage of life and I'm getting a handle on what I enjoy carrying. Now I've weeded out to only bags I like, I just need more days in the week to wear them all!

The Henry's are included in the current sale. Hopefully they'll be included in a sale next January as well!

I agree that it's worth holding out for the right bag. In the past year I bought too many okayish bags on Poshmark for under $50. That process was helpful in a way, because I've been exploring what fits my current stage of life and I'm getting a handle on what I enjoy carrying. Now I've weeded out to only bags I like, I just need more days in the week to wear them all!
Thanks for the info... I'll have to go look and see..... :biggrin:
And you are right.... carrying handbags is the best way to figure out what works for
you. And our needs can change over time, so what worked in the past may not be
the best as your needs/lifestyle changes. Enjoy the collection you have now and take time to find your next treasure.

Just following up in case anyone happens on this thread looking for information about Henry's. Several YouTubers just did a collaboration where they all unboxed purchases from Henry's. Of all the pieces I saw, only one piece (a large bucket bag in British tan) was made (in USA) of the full-grain leather shown on the website. All the Italian-made pieces were lined, top-grain leather with a bit of stiffness and other issues. Reviews on the website complain of similar issues. So sad.

Between those issues and the non-removable taupe fabric strap on almost all of the bags, this line will be a pass for me. So far so good on the no-buy year.

Reactions: Prudence64