henna items..

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. For those of you who have henna items, have they gotten dirty really easily? I bought myself a henna wallet, but now I am considering returning it because I am worried that it will look really trashed pretty quickly. Opinions?

2. I have both a henna bihar and a matching clutch wallet and I did a major spray-down of both with scotch guard.

I have had no issues with the canvas part of the bag, and my wallet is fine.

The only issue I have had is slight dye transfer from my jeans onto the white strap on the bag, but I am certain that oxyclean will fix it.

Today some coffee dripped onto the bag and it came right off, so it seems the scotch guard does work! Just do several coats. Be sure to cover the leather and metal plate first if you do it.

3. I have the bihar in black, and wallet/cosmetic case in natural and I've had no problems either.

I also did a hefty spray-down before using it.

4. thanks for the tip! I have never used scotchguard.

5. i don't own one, but sad to say all the ones i saw in off fifth the cotton webbing was all dirty. so, as others advised, i'd definetly do the preventative if you get one.

6. It doesn't have to be the actual brand name - there's several treatments you can use. I used Apple Rain and Stain Repellent, and someone else (CG was this you?) used a sneaker spray. Anything that will guard against stains / water, etc. should be fine.

7. I didn't use a sneaker spray. Just the scotchguard.

The cotton straps on the bags are a challenge. The scotchguard helps some, but I think I may need to find another kind of treatment for them if I don't want to be using Oxyclean to tidy them all of the time.

The actual canvas of the bags and wallets responds well with it, though.