Helpppp! My lambskin chanel flap bag:(

Jan 3, 2013
Is it normal for this bag to be looked like this? I bought it many years ago and ive noticed a sign of aging of this bag..but i still love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 2,767
I read somewhere on the forum that when Lambskin ages it tends to show more wear as opposed to caviar which is more durable and holds its shape better. HTH!

the crease from you flap could be caused from the weight of the chain straps. that's why it's always suggested to tuck the chain strap inside the flap when not in use to avoid pressure and markings on the outside. and also try to rotate the position of your bag when storing (upright, lying down) to retain puffiness.

the crease from you flap could be caused from the weight of the chain straps. that's why it's always suggested to tuck the chain strap inside the flap when not in use to avoid pressure and markings on the outside. and also try to rotate the position of your bag when storing (upright, lying down) to retain puffiness.
Thank u for your care tips;) sometimes i put the ipad inside. But Ill makesure not to put many stuffs inside.

Hi there! Nice to see fellow Malaysian ;)
I think the changes on your bag is quite common..
Is it single flap? I notice single flaps tend to get squashed more easily at the top compared to double flaps due to the pressure of our arms or carrying heavy stuff (which pulls more on the chain and flaps)... Lambskin is much softer too so I think they will show wrinkles much more than caviar over time with constant use...
Best to keep the chain inside the bag and insert a pillow/tissue/ whatever rocks your boat to maintain its look after use. I always keep my bags upright so that none of the quilts will be flatten by its own weight...
p/s: the background picture seems familiar to me.... i'm just guessing here... is it the B station restaurant in Ampang? It's one of my fave actually :biggrin:

Hi there! Nice to see fellow Malaysian ;)
I think the changes on your bag is quite common..
Is it single flap? I notice single flaps tend to get squashed more easily at the top compared to double flaps due to the pressure of our arms or carrying heavy stuff (which pulls more on the chain and flaps)... Lambskin is much softer too so I think they will show wrinkles much more than caviar over time with constant use...
Best to keep the chain inside the bag and insert a pillow/tissue/ whatever rocks your boat to maintain its look after use. I always keep my bags upright so that none of the quilts will be flatten by its own weight...
p/s: the background picture seems familiar to me.... i'm just guessing here... is it the B station restaurant in Ampang? It's one of my fave actually :biggrin:
yes! it's single flap. and.....yessss! it's the b station restaurant in ampang! OMG! what a smallllll world xxxx! hehehehe...

Last edited by a moderator:
yes! it's single flap. and.....yessss! it's the b station restaurant in ampang! OMG! what a smallllll world kan? tak sangke jumpe org malaysia kat sini! hehehehe...

Hi Luxurykebaya!
Always a pleasure to meet a fellow M'sia Chanel fan :biggrin:
I love talking about bags but rarely get to except in TPF... hehehehe!
I love that shop... beef bulgogi is really nice.. the owner is really nice too ....
the shop is tooooooo cute :P .... we don't see that in KL much don't we!
I think your Maxi is really lovely.... but the new Maxis I have are patent and Caviar jer...hahahahaah!!! Mase kat klcc one really gorgeous dark red lambskin was scratch soooo bad that it totally put me of the NEW lamb... and another thing I have 7 cats and i am clumsy.... not wise by my standard to buy lamb..... hahahaha!!! I put custom made pillows in my single flaps to maintain their shape while they rest upright, as they do get softer with use... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,010
I'm not clear on the issue that is bothering you?

From the hardware and size, I'm guessing that this bag is from 2009.

Over time, quilts will lose their puffiness....but I think your bag still looks gorgeous!!! Just enjoy it! Bags from this time frame (and earlier) had better leather and are more durable than newer bags.

OT - your drink looks divine!

Hi Luxurykebaya!
Always a pleasure to meet a fellow M'sia Chanel fan :biggrin:
I love talking about bags but rarely get to except in TPF... hehehehe!
I love that shop... beef bulgogi is really nice.. the owner is really nice too ....
the shop is tooooooo cute :P .... we don't see that in KL much don't we!
I think your Maxi is really lovely.... but the new Maxis I have are patent and Caviar jer...hahahahaah!!! Mase kat klcc one really gorgeous dark red lambskin was scratch soooo bad that it totally put me of the NEW lamb... and another thing I have 7 cats and i am clumsy.... not wise by my standard to buy lamb..... hahahaha!!! I put custom made pillows in my single flaps to maintain their shape while they rest upright, as they do get softer with use... ;)
7 cats??? woooo hoooooo.. cool! my cat almost nak grab my lv artsy last few months! X! hahaha! ok i'll follow your tips. btw that's my 2nd designer bag actually dear..the 1st one is black caviar but im not worried abt it at all..coz the quality is still marrrvelous gitu! :P
P/S: i hate my impulsing buying behaviour and i know that my obsession towards handbags is x :P:P

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not clear on the issue that is bothering you?

From the hardware and size, I'm guessing that this bag is from 2009.

Over time, quilts will lose their puffiness....but I think your bag still looks gorgeous!!! Just enjoy it! Bags from this time frame (and earlier) had better leather and are more durable than newer bags.

OT - your drink looks divine!
yes dear, i bought it in may 2009! :biggrin:
OT - LOL...i love coffee too! hihihi..