Helppp This Poor Soul

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Im not good with english. How do you say vernis? Like ver-nee, verne, ver-nees????? And Trouville? and maybe any other word I would need to know? Thank you

2. I had always pronounced it "vur-nis". I had always how you pronounced Damier. Is it "duh-meer" or "dah-myay"? I am clueless! Welcome to the forum!

3. Good question! I called Vuitton a while back asking about the mirror/ metallic bags ths fall and said it Ver-nis. When the lady on the other end replied, she pronounced it Ver-nay. I think you pronounce Trouville tro-vil. No clue though!

4. Vernis: Ver-nee
    Damier: Dam-yay

Hope that helps.

5. Yeah. It's like "Ver-nee" and for Damier I just say "Dah-me-yay." I say Trouville as Valley said, "Tro-vill" All my pronunciations have come from hearing the SA's say them lol.

6. i could be wrong but i say ver-nee too :P.......although i don't feel too bad mispronouncing things because it seems that some of the SA's don't even know the names of the bags they're selling and give me a blank stare when i ask for a specific thing (shame on them :hrmm:)

7. things you learn on PF forum everyday! good thing I didn't blur out VER-NIS in the LV boutique..:shame:

8. I listen to SAs, too. Sometimes, though, they prounce stuff wrong.

9. Papillon: pap-e-yon

Studied French for five years and the only time it comes in handy is pronouncing LV stuff.

10. what a great thread! I've always wondered where I'm saying all those right or not and apparently not, after reading this thread. I just always point and ask "can i see that one".

11. my SA in Hollywood pronounces Vernis - Vehr-niece.. yet my SA in SCP says it's Vehr-nee (cuz the S is silent in french unless followed by a vowel).

and Trouville - true-ville. :smile:

we should make a thread on pronunciations for ALL the bags.. at least, all the important ones.

12. I second on that. :amuse: :amuse: Anyone here experts??;)

13. Where's Ayla when you need her? :P

14. Like I said on the other thread, a while back I saw somewhere on the net a guide on how to pronounce the names, I thought it was mypoupette.com but I looked and couldn't find it, it was a list of all the names with their pronouciations!!! :sad2:

15. Wow. Thanks everyone. Your good help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice