Helpless hubbies? Half amused, half annoyed

I love him, but how can he be so helpless! He is vice president of operations for his company for pete's sake!

He probably has at least one assistant who takes care of the same kinds of details at work that you take care of for him at home.

I had a male friend recently tell me....in total seriousness...that men are completely incapable of multi-tasking.

I don't know how they get through even one day! :shrugs:

He probably has at least one assistant who takes care of the same kinds of details at work that you take care of for him at home.

I had a male friend recently tell me....in total seriousness...that men are completely incapable of multi-tasking.

I don't know how they get through even one day! :shrugs:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao:

So true. . . He can function very well at work, but outside of it he needs help. Have to tell him where his sock are a lot of the time. He will help out if prodded enough, but if I ask in an exasperated tone vs. sweet I can get two very different responses! I think it's about how you ask rather what you ask a lot of the times.

My premarital agreement:

1) You do your own laundry, I do my own laundry.
2) I am not your mother.
3) I cook, you clean.
4) I am not your mother.
5) You clean your bathroom, I clean mine.
6) I am not your mother.
7) I keep up maintenance on my car, you keep up your maintenance on your car.
8) I AM NOT YOUR MOTHER!!!!

It's been working the past 11 years.:supacool:

:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

I am about to divorce my "helpless hubby". I'm tired of working 50-60 hours a week then going home to be a mother and wife with little to no assistance from him.

Yes, in the beginnning, it was nice knowing he depended on me, but it has gotten worse over the years. The "cute" factor to his helplessness has worn off.

I feel like all I am to him is a nanny who raises his child, the maid, his personal assistant, and the accountant. Sorry to sound so bitter, but unfortunately, I am very bitter and angry at the moment....:s

Twinkie, so sorry to hear that you are not happy at the moment...my mother always says there 3 things you can do when you are in a difficult / unhealthy situation:
1. Change it
2. Accept it
3. Get out and fast...

Sounds so familar to me...

I did that for 5 years.....raise my son, work, cook, clean, be nice to his family...then one day...I was like heck no!! Now...

dont cook...at all....clean once every two weeks, quit my job and raise my son as well as attending school....

I do think that some men think that women do less of the hard work and they have it harder or its a womens job......... bull....
You have to put you foot down or up his A**.....:lol:

Let me preface this post by saying that I have a wonderful husband! He is a great father, a hard worker, and a very good man!! Now that being said...the minute he walks in the front door...he is helpless!!! Sometimes the things he does are just ridiculous..... our apartment is very small (about 1000 sq ft.), and he has called me on my cell-phone while we are both there in the apartment, to ask me to come to the bedroom (which is the size of a shoebox), to hand him the remote control, which is out of his arms reach!! I don't know if he has ever packed a suitcase or unpacked if I am there...and I know for a fact, that he has no idea how to work a washing machine (of the dish or laundry variety). Luckily, this is just one of the small bits of his character that add into the equation that makes him the person that I adore...and generally we laugh about it!!!

Guys are idiots. Not you, Vlad.
Okay, what I meant was, all guys besides Vlad are idiots. Wait, that's not fair to the homosexuals.
Okay, what I meant to say is all hetersexual guys, besides Vlad, are idiots.

You know what you could do?

Tell him that you're tired of doing everything for him in THERE (point to the kitchen) and THERE (indicate the living room or indicate the children) and until he helps you out with things THERE and THERE, you will no longer be doing things for him in THERE (point to the bedroom).

I never let my DH to help out with any of the house work. It will only give me double duty if he does. I did ALL the house work and It gives me great satisfation after cleaning up. I think I'm weird. I also do all the packing whenever we travel. I'm such a good packer after yrs of training lol...

I learned very quickly with the first husband that there is a distinct neurological connection from a man's ring finger on the left hand straight to the "helpless" center of their brain. The minute a woman sticks a ring on that finger, the connection is immediately activated, thus rendering the new husband into a state of disorganized dysfunction. The most successful known form of treatment for this condition is called the Honeydew, however in extreme cases, the only known permanent cure is Dewey, Cheatham and Howe, LLC. :roflmfao:

There is, however, an autonomic function between said finger and said brain that disables the helpless signal once the husband is relocated into the work setting or in his local Home Depot.:smash:

^^^ too funny!

That's true, they are never so orginized as when they have a project they want to do!

I think their eye sight might be affected by this condition as well. As my dh, can never find anything...am sure many are familiar with the "Honey, have you seen....." symptom.

:lol:

once my little brother called home seven times from the supermarket because he couldn't find the cocoa :roflmfao: and didn't want to ask the staff. and this particular supermarket is on an island and about, oh, i don't know, the size of your average london flat? he eventually got told off by my mother because he was using his english phone which meant it cost an absolute fortune to call as well :lol: